Director of Social Media/PR
Job Number: 8115
The Director of Social Media/ PR will be responsible for helping shape perceptions about Equifax startling transformation from a credit reporting agency to a leader in data, analytics and insights that help both consumers and customers make better financial decisions and minimize risk. This attributes have been the main driver behind Equifax's outstanding financial performance, growth, and consequent high return to shareholders.
The Director of Social Media/ PR will be responsible for advancing the company's reputation primarily through well-designed, strategic national and regional media relations initiatives as well as leading social media amplification via Equifax's social media properties. Hands-on work and direct knowledge and experience of both social and traditional media, as well as examples of executed campaigns with associated metrics, are key requirements for this role.
Main responsibilities include:
- Development of overarching corporate social media strategy as well as social media support to the launch of consumer-focused campaigns;
- Development and execution of comprehensive media relations strategies to launch marketing initiatives, and products and services in a manner that positively positions the company as a leader in data, analytics and insights, through our social media platforms as well as with targeted financial, business, consumer and trade media. He/she is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key media and influencers at the national and regional level, as well as building social influence with bloggers relevant to our business. Already established relationships with B2B, trade and business media is essential;
- Amplification of Thought Leadership initiatives, in collaboration with other PR team members, through both social and traditional media; he/she maintain an active news engine program that ensures Equifax's high levels of visibility;
- Data story-telling, the Director of Social Media/PR, is familiar and comfortable with analyzing available data to craft media angles and story lines that fuel both social and traditional media presence. The ability to do data story-telling is a key requirement for this role.
- Support to one growing vertical business, managing multiple initiatives as well as an outside agency, working closely with Solutions Marketing team in aligning/coordinating marketing and communications programs
- Development of supporting materials to prepare executives for media interviews;
Additionally, the Director of Social Media/PR is expected to have the drive and determination to manage multiple initiatives; the ability to manage, create and execute initiatives in a timely way; the innovativeness to be successful in all areas of traditional and social media; the maturity of being a team player and operating in an matrix environment of significant autonomy and accountability; and the leadership ability to manage the function.
The Director of Social Media/PR is part of the Corporate Communications department and reports to the SVP of Corporate Communications & Brand.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, public relations
- 5-8 years of experience in social media, communications and public relations working with top-tier media and key social media platforms ; a mix of agency and corporate experience a plus
- Excellent writing and editing skills, exceptional interpersonal communications and understanding of corporate culture
- Expertise in understanding and managing crisis communication in social media channels
- Organizational skills and project management expertise
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Passion for media relations, digital media, social media; established relations with key national publications and the ability to build new relations
- Demonstrated ability to be creative in problem solving
- High energy, curious, go-getter, a self-starter and quick learner
- Basic ability to interpret and analyze data
- Experience in the digital media and telecommunications industry a plus
Function - Marketing
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Social Media/PR
Requisition Number: J00040155
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p>Equifax is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.</p>