Senior Director - Public Relations
Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Job Number: 17251
The Senior Director - Public Relations is responsible for communicating the company's strategic direction, support key business priorities, and advance the company's reputation primarily through well-designed, strategic national and global public relations initiative including media relations and influencers programs.
Working with global Public Relations teams, this position designs and executes Public relations programs at a corporate level as well at the product/capabilities level leveraging product releases, new offerings, and events via positive placements in targeted financial, business, consumer and trade media , as well as activation and amplification via social media platforms. Candidate will be also responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key media and influencers at the national level and in monitoring media coverage results for the company and its competitors.
The Senior Director - Public Relations provides consulting to senior management and other levels on media and public relations issues; has the depth of experience and leadership abilities to manage the function as a sole contributor. This individual has the drive and determination to manage multiple initiatives; create and execute initiatives in a timely way; the innovativeness to be successful in all areas of media; the maturity of being a team player and operating in an environment of significant autonomy and accountability.
The Senior Director - Public Relations is part of the Corporate Communications team and is a direct report to the SVP Corporate Communications and Brand.
- Crafting global PR programs around the company's new innovative capabilities and offerings, including but not exclusive of media relations activities.
- Developing media stories and securing placements in key selected publications in the US - for example, WSJ, USAToday, Business Week, CNBC
- Working with global PR teams to ensure narrative aligns at a global level; providing support to global teams in their local media outreach efforts
- Creating, curating and publishing content in the company's social media platforms; developing editorial calendar and a metrics systems to track results
- Positioning our company leaders with their respective vertical industry outlets via bylines, white papers or other Thought Leadership initiatives
- Preparing spokespeople for media interviews and other public venues
- Lead Influencers Program around Data Security working with CISO and the Transformation Office; remaining current on trends and identifying opportunities to position company as thought leader
- Responding quickly to situations that offer client communication opportunities
- Working closely with SVP - Marketing in aligning/coordinating marketing and communications programs
- Crisis/Issues Communications support
- Experienced - 7-10 years in working with top-tier media
- Excellent skills in writing, editing and interpersonal communications
- Expertise in working with online media, understanding social media challenges
- Organizational skills and project management expertise in developing project platforms, plans and executing on those plans
- Strong management skills and ability to handle a number of projects simultaneously
- Proven ability in supporting crisis communications and issues management
- Confidence to work with the company's senior leadership
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Agency experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to be creative in problem solving
- Budget aware
- Bachelor's degree - Journalism or Communications preferred
- Second language a plus
Function - Marketing
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director - Public Relations
Requisition Number: J00064318
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p>Equifax is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.</p>