Big Data Engineer
Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 268
Equifax in North Sydney are looking for a talented Big Data Engineer to join the team.
Equifax delivers leading-edge technologies and solutions that powers the financial future of individuals and organisations around the world and we are looking for individuals who can help us disrupt the marketplace. In turn, we offer a great work/life balance where you’ll feel supported and valued. You’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary and the satisfaction of working with Equifax – helping our customers make more informed decisions.
As a Big Data Engineer, you be part of Global Analytics team implementing and supporting leading edge analytical solutions on Hadoop Clusters. The Big Data Engineer will be passionate about learning new technologies, and willing to improve and support Hadoop clusters on-premises and in the cloud. You will be working with our global team to improve our analytical assets in the USA, Australia, Europe, Canada and Latin America, you should be a team player and have flexibility to work in moving time spans, given the time zone differences between countries.
So, what will impress us?
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in big data technologies and java development
- Experience with GCP, Golang, Apache Beam and Python
- An understanding of Hadoop and echo system tools such as Map/Reduce, Hive, Pig, Scoop, Impala, YARN, Spark, etc.
- Experience working with very large data sets
- Ability to design and implement solutions on the data platform
- Sound understanding of regulations and security requirements governing access to data in Big Data systems
What's in it for you?
This is a great chance for you to join a fun, high-energy, adaptable and professional team who love what we do. We also provide you with:
- Work/life balance & flexibility, employees consistently rate this category as ‘five stars’
- Curated learning opportunities available through Equifax's online training portal. We will also fully support further educational opportunities on a case by case basis
- Income Protection Insurance - benefit payment for up to 75% of salary up to two years
- Structured onboarding/induction training for new employees
- As a major sponsor of the Sydney Swans you’ll have opportunities to attend games
- You are eligible for additional leave (all paid) for your birthday, a ‘floating holiday’, as well as a volunteer day
- Final Friday of every month we facilitate a company-wide gathering/celebration (drinks/canapes)
- Stunning offices in central locations
- BUPA Corporate Healthcare Plan
- Multiple local and international career opportunities given our 10,000+ employees in 24 countries. Offices in London, New York, Paris, Atlanta & Dublin to name just a few
- Several recognition programs
- Referral reward - successfully refer a new employee and receive monetary compensation
- Employee Assistance Program – free counselling services
- Novated lease options available
Why you might love working at Equifax - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocWQW3eJrHI
Equifax in the community - www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb1JXImv-8M
Finally, a little about us:
Founded over 100 years ago, Equifax employs 10,000+ employees across 24 countries and is regarded as a global leader within information solutions. Equifax uses data, analytics and technology to provide first-class products for its customers. One billion consumers and over ninety million business customers worldwide rely on Equifax to organise, assimilate and analyse data. Equifax is also recognised as one of the three largest credit agencies in the world and has grown from a consumer credit company into a leading provider of insights that helps its customers make more informed decisions. Put simply, Equifax helps to power the financial future of individuals and organisations around the world.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Megan Sayers- email@example.com
Please note that you must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this position
Job Number: J00084295
Community / Marketing Title: Big Data Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU