Location: Melbourne, Victoria AU
Job Number: 272
Why join the Data & Analytics team at Equifax?
Equifax employs 10,000+ employees across 24 countries/1,600 employees in Australia and 82 are employed in our D&A teams here. Equifax uses data, analytics and technology to provide first-class products for its customers. One billion consumers and over ninety million business customers worldwide rely on Equifax to organise, assimilate and analyse data.
- Fabulous opportunities to work with some of our largest blue-chip customers across Australia
- Chance to use cutting-edge statistical/modelling tools across literally hundreds of data assets
- Collaborate & learn from some of the best data minds in Australia who are passionate about all things data and analytics
- Attend relevant seminars, participate in hackathons & gain exposure across all phases of the data and analytics lifecycle
Equifax is also recognised as one of the three largest credit agencies in the world. Equifax has grown from a consumer credit company into a leading provider of insights that helps its customers make more informed decisions.
The Data Scientist will hold a senior role within the Data Science team. The main responsibility of the Data Scientist is to deliver innovative decision science models & attributes that leverage Equifax’s vast data assets. These include decision areas covering the credit lifecycle, geodemographic & marketing attributes, ratings & fraud models, as well as any new areas where data driven decision making can be informed by predictive modelling.
Key responsibilities include:
Project management, defining business and technical requirements, resource planning and analytic solution design and innovation in a big data environment, as well quality control of analytical output.
Ideally, you’ll have experience within risk management, credit scorecard development, marketing analytics or fraud modelling.
So, what will impress us for the Data Scientist position?
- 5+ years experience in a similar role (as described above)
- Qualification in Mathematics or Statistics. Alternatively, analytics, data science, econometrics or computer science preferred
- Experienced using SQL, R, Python & Tableau
- Solid communication/presentation skills (this role involves significant client facing)
- Commercially savvy
- Background in financial services, telecommunications, utilities or retail favourable (not essential)
What's in it for you?
Other than offering a very competitive salary here are just a few of the other benefits we offer:
- Work/life balance & flexibility, employees consistently rate this category as 'five stars'
- Curated learning opportunities available through Equifax's online training portal. We will also fully support further educational opportunities on a case by case basis
- Income Protection Insurance, benefit payment for up to 75% of salary up to two years
- Structured onboarding/induction training for new employees
- You are eligible for a paid day off for your birthday, paid floating day and a paid volunteer day
- Final Friday of every month we facilitate a companywide gathering/celebration (drinks/canapes)
- Stunning offices in central locations
- Company sponsored events/access to corporate boxes
- Multiple local and international career opportunities given our 10,000+ employees in 24 countries. Offices in London, New York, Paris, Atlanta & Dublin to name just a few
- Several recognition programs
- Referral reward - successfully refer a new employee and receive between $1,500-$6,000
- Employee Assistance Program - Free counselling services
- Novated lease options available
Why you might love working as a Data Scientist at Equifax:
Equifax in the community:
Job Number: J00088249
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Melbourne, Victoria AU