Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 274
We’re currently recruiting a Data Scientist (Innovation) to join our award-winning team in Sydney.
Why join the Data & Analytics team at Equifax?
Equifax employs 10,000+ employees across 24 countries/1,600 employees in Australia and over 100+ are employed in our D&A teams here. Equifax uses data, analytics and technology to provide first-class products for its customers. One billion consumers and over ninety million business customers worldwide rely on Equifax to organise, assimilate and analyse data.
- Fabulous opportunities to work with some of our largest blue-chip customers across Australia
- Chance to use cutting-edge statistical/modelling tools across literally hundreds of data assets
- Collaborate & learn from some of the best data minds in Australia who are passionate about all things data and analytics
- Attend relevant seminars, participate in hackathons & gain exposure across all phases of the data and analytics lifecycle
Equifax is also recognised as one of the three largest credit agencies in the world. Equifax has grown from a consumer credit company into a leading provider of insights that helps its customers make more informed decisions.
The Data Scientist will conduct big data analytics and build solutions for complex/large datasets.
Initially the key day to day responsibilities/duties will include:
- Proof of concept/prototyping
- Directed research and exploration
- Knowledge Building & Research
- Customer/internal stakeholder consultations with other D&A teams relating to impact and scalability of outcomes
Generally speaking, the Data Scientist will design and implement new analysis or model development techniques, thus increasing greater predictive power, standardisation, speed, simplicity or automation. You will be an analytic thought leader driving initiatives & conversations relating to new tools & techniques, leading to the increase of capabilities and capacity of Equifax’s Analytics. You’ll proactively work with relevant stakeholders to ensure that concepts are being proved/appropriate for purpose and have the required levels of technical feasibilities.
So, what will impress us for the Data Scientist position?
- Minimum of 5-7 years within a D&A position
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematical) qualification
- Python & R expertise essential
- Experience within a product development environment (preferred/not essential)
What's in it for you?
Apart from offering a very attractive salary (& bonus component), this is a great chance for you to join a fun, high-energy, adaptable and professional team who love what we do. We also provide you with:
- Work/life balance & flexibility, employees consistently rate this category as ‘five stars’
- Curated learning opportunities available through Equifax's online training portal. We will also fully support further educational opportunities on a case by case basis
- Income Protection Insurance - benefit payment for up to 75% of salary up to two years
- Structured onboarding/induction training for new employees
- As a major sponsor of the Sydney Swans you’ll have plenty of opportunities to attend games
- You are eligible for additional paid leave for your birthday, paid ‘floating holiday’ and a volunteer day
- Final Friday of every month we facilitate a company-wide gathering/celebration (drinks/canapes)
- Stunning offices in central locations
- BUPA Corporate Healthcare Plan
- Southern Cross Healthcare Plan
- Multiple local and international career opportunities given our 10,000+ employees in 24 countries. Offices in London, New York, Paris, Atlanta & Dublin to name just a few
- Several recognition programs
- Referral reward - successfully refer a new employee and receive monetary compensation
- Employee Assistance Program – free counselling services
- Novated lease options available
Why you might love working as a Data Scientist at Equifax: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocWQW3eJrHI
Equifax in the community: www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb1JXImv-8M
Job Number: J00089422
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU