Big Data Engineering - Manager
Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 280
We’re currently recruiting a Big Data Engineering Manager to join our team in Sydney.
Equifax delivers leading-edge technologies and solutions that powers the financial future of individuals and organisations around the world and we are looking for individuals who can help us disrupt the marketplace. In turn, we offer a great work/life balance where you’ll feel supported and valued. You’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary and the satisfaction of working with Equifax – helping our customers make more informed decisions.
The Big Data Engineering Manager is responsible for managing technical teams involved in delivering and supporting platforms and systems responsible for managing the Equifax A/NZ data lifecycle. The Big Data Engineering Manager will provide one or more teams of software engineers with a clear vision and strategy; and lead them in executing that strategy to deliver the needs of the D&A business.
So, what will impress us?
- Someone with 3 years’ plus experience leading a team
- Experience as a data engineer/architect working with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, GCP, Flink, Airflow and Kafka.
- Experience working with very large data sets and knowledge of building programs that leverage Hadoop platforms
- The ability to share ideas among a collaborative team and drive the team based on technical expertise and learning, sharing best practices
- Experience working with cloud-native data architectures (GCP preferred) would be desirable
What would really impress us in addition to the above:
- Working with global teams and cloud providers to ensure there are adequate dependency management and alignment between road maps
- Certifications and training in Big Data technologies
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills as well as the ability to influence
What's in it for you?
This is a great chance for you to join a fun, high-energy, adaptable and professional team who love what we do. We also provide you with:
- Work/life balance & flexibility, employees consistently rate this category as ‘five stars’
- Curated learning opportunities available through Equifax's online training portal. We will also fully support further educational opportunities on a case by case basis
- Income Protection Insurance - benefit payment for up to 75% of salary up to two years
- Structured onboarding/induction training for new employees
- As a major sponsor of the Sydney Swans you’ll have opportunities to attend games
- You are eligible for additional leave (all paid) for your birthday, a ‘floating holiday’, as well as a volunteer day
- Final Friday of every month we facilitate a company-wide gathering/celebration (drinks/canapes)
- Stunning offices in central locations
- BUPA Corporate Healthcare Plan
- Multiple local and international career opportunities given our 10,000+ employees in 24 countries. Offices in London, New York, Paris, Atlanta & Dublin to name just a few
- Several recognition programs
- Referral reward - successfully refer a new employee and receive monetary compensation
- Employee Assistance Program – free counselling services
- Novated lease options available
Finally, a little about us:
Founded over 100 years ago, Equifax employs 10,000+ employees across 24 countries and is regarded as a global leader within information solutions. Equifax uses data, analytics and technology to provide first-class products for its customers. One billion consumers and over ninety million business customers worldwide rely on Equifax to organise, assimilate and analyse data. Equifax is also recognised as one of the three largest credit agencies in the world and has grown from a consumer credit company into a leading provider of insights that helps its customers make more informed decisions.
Put simply, Equifax helps to power the financial future of individuals and organisations around the world.
Why you might love working at Equifax:
Equifax - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocWQW3eJrHI
Equifax in the community - www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb1JXImv-8M
If you have any questions, please contact Megan Sayers- firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
Job Number: J00090643
Community / Marketing Title: Big Data Engineering - Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU