Linux Systems Engineer
Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 377
Equifax in North Sydney are looking for a talented Linux Systems Engineer to join the team.
Equifax delivers leading-edge technologies and solutions that powers the financial future of individuals and organisations around the world and we are looking for individuals who can help us disrupt the marketplace. In turn, we offer a great work/life balance where you’ll feel supported and valued. You’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary and the satisfaction of working with Equifax – helping our customers make more informed decisions.
Some tasks of this role include:
- Day to day BAU support, Incident and trouble ticket resolution at a 3rd Level
- Proactive management, administration and reporting on Linux servers.
- Building, designing, installing servers, operating systems and applications
- Planning, scheduling and implementing hardware and software maintenance as well as upgrades. This includes advising on and deploying service packs, upgrades, patches, hot fixes etc.
- Day to day checking of monitoring and configuration management systems to ensure potential problems are dealt with to maximise stability and uptime
- Working with project managers and sponsors to deliver accountabilities within projects.
So, what will impress us?
- A positive, learning mindset and passion for work
- Certification in Linux or Cloud would be desirable
- Good troubleshooting skills. Someone who can think creatively
- 2 years’ plus experience managing Linux in an enterprise environment
- DIY and Research skills
What will really impress us?
- Red Hat Satellite or Foreman/Katello
- PCI compliance experience
- Common Linux applications (Apache/MySQL/squid etc)
- AIX a bonus
- Automation or CI/CD tooling (e.g Jenkins pipelines)
What's in it for you?
This is a great chance for you to join a fun, high-energy, adaptable and professional team who love what we do. We also provide you with:
- Work/life balance & flexibility, employees consistently rate this category as ‘five stars’
- Curated learning opportunities available through Equifax's online training portal. We will also fully support further educational opportunities on a case by case basis
- Income Protection Insurance - benefit payment for up to 75% of salary up to two years
- Structured on-boarding/induction training for new employees
- As a major sponsor of the Sydney Swans you’ll have opportunities to attend games
- You are eligible for additional leave (all paid) for your birthday, a ‘floating holiday’, as well as a volunteer day
- Final Friday of every month we facilitate a company-wide gathering/celebration (drinks/canapes)
- Stunning offices in central locations
- BUPA Corporate Healthcare Plan
- Multiple local and international career opportunities given our 10,000+ employees in 24 countries. Offices in London, New York, Paris, Atlanta & Dublin to name just a few
- Several recognition programs
- Referral reward - successfully refer a new employee and receive monetary compensation
- Employee Assistance Program – free counselling services
- Novated lease options available
Why you might love working at Equifax - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocWQW3eJrHI
Equifax in the community - www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb1JXImv-8M
Finally, a little about us:
Founded over 100 years ago, Equifax employs 10,000+ employees across 24 countries and is regarded as a global leader within information solutions. Equifax uses data, analytics and technology to provide first-class products for its customers. One billion consumers and over ninety million business customers worldwide rely on Equifax to organise, assimilate and analyse data. Equifax is also recognised as one of the three largest credit agencies in the world and has grown from a consumer credit company into a leading provider of insights that helps its customers make more informed decisions. Put simply, Equifax helps to power the financial future of individuals and organisations around the world.
Please note that you must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this position
Job Number: J00099577
Community / Marketing Title: Linux Systems Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU