Senior Data & Insights Analyst
Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 383
Why join the Data & Analytics team at Equifax?
Equifax employs 10,000+ employees across 24 countries/1,600 employees in Australia and 82 are employed in our D&A teams here. Equifax uses data, analytics and technology to provide first-class products for its customers. One billion consumers and over ninety million business customers worldwide rely on Equifax to organise, assimilate and analyse data.
- Fabulous opportunities to work with some of our largest blue-chip customers across Australia
- Chance to use cutting-edge statistical/modelling tools across literally hundreds of data assets
- Collaborate & learn from some of the best data minds in Australia who are passionate about all things data and analytics
- Attend relevant seminars, participate in hackathons & gain exposure across all phases of the data and analytics lifecycle
Equifax is also recognised as one of the three largest credit agencies in the world. Equifax has grown from a consumer credit company into a leading provider of insights that helps its customers make more informed decisions.
About the Role:
As Senior Data & Insights Analyst you will play a key role in delivering analytic projects. As part of the Data & Insights team, you will be responsible for producing valuable insights using data manipulation and visualisation skills. You will manoeuvre data to build new and insightful information, bring context to the market, and bring the data to life for our stakeholders. You will also develop improvements on BAU tasks and regular report updates, troubleshoot insight queries from the stakeholders, act as a mentor to the junior team members, and manage ad hoc projects.
As a Senior member of the team you will be the central point of contact for specific pieces of work and governance across the team. You will work across Equifax’s various product groups and work closely with the Sales, Marketing, Product, and PR teams. This is an exciting time to join a growing, dynamic, collaborative, fun team. Ideally you will be an experienced Data & Insights Analyst who has exposure to visualisation or has a passion for insights and bringing data to life.
So, what will impress us for this Senior Data & Insights Analyst position?
- Education/Qualifications from a Mathematics or Engineering discipline, Computer Science or Data Modelling would be beneficial, or Journalism/Business Journalism would be desirable
- 3+ years’ experience in a data & insights analytics role is essential, with exposure to visualisation desirable
- Excellent investigation skills, attention to detail and an inquisitiveness to delve deeper when troubleshooting
- Strong communication skills with the ability to translate complex information simply
- Competent with most MS Office applications and analysis software, such as Tableau, R, python, SAS and SQL
- Demonstrate business acumen and technical competence, with a client/stakeholder focused approach to solution design & issue resolution
- Skills in Data Journalism, Business Intelligence tools and database management & manipulation are highly desirable but not essential.
What's in it for you?
This is a great chance for you to join a fun, high-energy, adaptable and professional team who love what we do. We also provide you with:
- Work/life balance & flexibility, employees consistently rate this category as ‘five stars’
- Curated learning opportunities available through Equifax's online training portal. We will also fully support further educational opportunities on a case by case basis
- Income Protection Insurance - benefit payment for up to 75% of salary up to two years
- Structured onboarding/induction training for new employees
- As a major sponsor of the Sydney Swans you’ll have opportunities to attend games
- You are eligible for additional leave (all paid) for your birthday, a ‘floating holiday’, as well as a volunteer day
- Final Friday of every month we facilitate a company-wide gathering/celebration (drinks/canapes)
- Stunning offices in central locations
- BUPA Corporate Healthcare Plan
- Multiple local and international career opportunities given our 10,000+ employees in 24 countries. Offices in London, New York, Paris, Atlanta & Dublin to name just a few
- Several performance/recognition programs
- Referral reward - successfully refer a new employee and receive monetary compensation
- Employee Assistance Program – free counselling services
- Novated vehicle lease options available
Finally, a little about us:
Founded over 100 years ago, Equifax employs 10,000+ employees across 24 countries and is regarded as a global leader in data, analytics and technology. We provide first-class information products and services to our customers which include the largest financial institutions, telecommunications providers and utilities in Australia and around the world. One billion consumers and over ninety million business customers worldwide rely on Equifax to organise, assimilate and analyse data.
Equifax is also recognised as one of the three largest credit reporting agencies in the world and has grown from a consumer credit information company into a leading provider of insights that helps its customers make more informed decisions and live their financial best.
Put simply, Equifax helps to power the financial future of individuals and organisations around the world.
Why you might love working as a Data Insights Analyst at Equifax - www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocWQW3eJrHI
Equifax in the community - www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb1JXImv-8M
Job Number: J00100232
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Data & Insights Analyst
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU