Head of Product Management
Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 386
As Head of Product Management, you will lead and manage our portfolio of Credit Decisioning Products for Equifax A/NZ. This role can be based in either Melbourne or Sydney.
The key purpose of this role is to create, maintain and continually evolve the A/NZ Credit Decisioning portfolio through the effective ownership and management of the portfolio P&L, product roadmap and innovation strategy.
This is a new people leadership role at Equifax and will take people management accountability for a team of Senior Product Managers who currently lead each product within the portfolio, reporting to the General Manager.
You will maximize growth opportunities via a strong and comprehensive product portfolio strategy and marketing plan based on market and segment needs. You will also lead efforts in developing product and product line strategies, directions and recommendations as input to the overall company planning process.
You will be encouraged to stay current with industry and market trends, attending user group meetings, trade shows, and seminars as required to support product management and marketing programs.
It is a vital role within Equifax as there is a core need to evolve our Decisioning Products from a set of disparate products into a structured and cohesive portfolio.
What your day to day looks like as our Head of Product Management:
- Successful leadership of your team to ensure a sustained level of high engagement and resulting performance
- Conversations resulting in influence with your peers in sales, finance, legal/regulatory & marketing to drive your key initiatives and ultimately achieve your P&L targets
- Presentations to the leadership team on the performance of your portfolio and plan to address evolving market opportunities and challenges
- Review and both direct/indirect management of your sales pipeline
- Incredibly close relationships with the sales team to truly understand and influence sales performance
- Review of our customers experience and associated planning to deliver continued improvement
- Working with the customer experience design team around new products and features
- Ongoing communication and delivery of the product vision and roadmap for the Decisioning Product Portfolio
So, what will impress us?
- 8+ years of professional product management experience with a highly technical focus
- Proven people leadership managing a team
- A strong commercial acumen and the proven ability to manage Product P&L's and effectively influence key performance levers
- The ability to manage, lead and influence stakeholders both cross functionally and at senior leadership levels
What would really impress us in addition to the above:
- Relevant tertiary qualification, but not essential
- Having managed the product lifecycle in a B2B capacity with end to end accountability
- Banking/Telco/Finance background working with complex products
- Proven experiences where you have effectively influenced sales
- A clear and robust focus on personal development
- Being able to take ownership and accountability of role function and make decisions
What's in it for you as our Head of Product Management?
This is a great chance for you to join a fun, high-energy, adaptable and professional team who love what we do. We have fantastic leaders who are supportive and cooperative, and the team are heading in the right direction to deliver big things!
We also provide you with:
- Work/life balance & flexibility, employees consistently rate this category as ‘five stars’
- Curated learning opportunities available through Equifax's online training portal. We will also fully support further educational opportunities on a case by case basis
- Income Protection Insurance - benefit payment for up to 75% of salary up to two years
- Structured onboarding/induction training for new employees
- As a major sponsor of the Sydney Swans you’ll have opportunities to attend games
- You are eligible for additional leave (all paid) for your birthday, a ‘floating holiday’, as well as a volunteer day
- Final Friday of every month we facilitate a company-wide gathering/celebration (drinks/canapes)
- Stunning offices in central locations
- BUPA Corporate Healthcare Plan
- Multiple local and international career opportunities given our 10,000+ employees in 24 countries. Offices in London, New York, Paris, Atlanta & Dublin to name just a few
- Several performance/recognition programs
- Referral reward - successfully refer a new employee and receive monetary compensation
- Employee Assistance Program – free counselling services
- Novated vehicle lease options available
Finally, a little about us:
Founded over 100 years ago, Equifax employs 10,000+ employees across 24 countries and is regarded as a global leader in data, analytics and technology. We provide first-class information products and services to our customers which include the largest financial institutions, telecommunications providers and utilities in Australia and around the world. One billion consumers and over ninety million business customers worldwide rely on Equifax to organise, assimilate and analyse data.
Equifax is also recognised as one of the three largest credit reporting agencies in the world and has grown from a consumer credit information company into a leading provider of insights that helps its customers make more informed decisions and live their financial best.
Put simply, Equifax helps to power the financial future of individuals and organisations around the world.
Why you might love working at Equifax as our Head of Product Management - www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocWQW3eJrHI
Equifax in the community - www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb1JXImv-8M
Job Number: J00100537
Community / Marketing Title: Head of Product Management
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU