Senior Legal Counsel
Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 413
Senior Legal Counsel – Global data, analytics and technology company
We’re looking for a high-energy Senior Legal Counsel (Regulatory & Compliance) to join our Legal and Compliance Team, providing advice and assistance to the Equifax data, analytics and technology business in Australia.
This is a hands-on role, with significant exposure to business stakeholders across multiple business units. Legal services you will provide include: legal and risk management advice on a variety of legal issues affecting the business, in particular privacy (including credit reporting) and consumer law, to assist the business in navigating a complex and evolving regulatory landscape; drafting and negotiation of complex customer and supplier contracts; involvement in industry regulator interactions and dispute resolution; and involvement in business and technology transformation projects.
Our ideal candidate will be a commercial lawyer with substantial experience in privacy and consumer law, a strong capability in commercial and/or technology contracting, holding a Bachelor of Laws (as a minimum), holding or eligible for a NSW practising certificate, with 10+ years relevant in-house PQE with a major corporation and/or reputable law firm.
You will have sound analytical, drafting and technical skills, proven negotiation ability, strong commercial acumen, communication and dispute resolution skills, capacity to assume responsibility and work independently, the ability to effectively juggle competing priorities and demands, professional demeanour to effectively interact with your business units and external parties, and a practical, solutions-oriented approach.
In summary, what will impress us?
- 10+ years PQE
- Bachelor of Laws
- Regulatory advice and privacy expertise
- Technology Contracting experience (ideally in data)
What’s in it for you?
This is a great chance for you to join a fun, high-energy, adaptable and professional team who love what we do. You will enjoy working with a very experienced legal team which will offer you great development/learning opportunities.
We will also provide you with:
- A salary of up to $215,000 + super
- Work/life balance & flexibility, employees consistently rate this category as ‘five stars’
- Curated learning opportunities available through Equifax’s online training portal. We will also fully support further educational opportunities on a case by case basis
- Income Protection Insurance - benefit payment for up to 75% of salary up to two years
- Structured onboarding/induction training for new employees
- Employee stock purchase options (at a reduced rate)
- As a major sponsor of the Sydney Swans you’ll have opportunities to attend games
- You are eligible for additional leave (all paid) for your birthday, a ‘floating holiday’, as well as a volunteer day
- Final Friday of every month we facilitate a company-wide gathering/celebration (drinks/canapes)
- Stunning offices in central locations
- BUPA Corporate Healthcare Plan
- Multiple local and international career opportunities given our 10,000+ employees in 24 countries
- Several performance/recognition programs
- Employee Assistance Program – free counselling services
- Novated vehicle lease options available
Finally, a little about us:
Founded over 100 years ago, Equifax employs 10,000+ employees across 24 countries and is regarded as a global leader in data, analytics and technology. We provide first-class information products and services to our customers which include the largest financial institutions, telecommunications providers and utilities in Australia and around the world. One billion consumers and over ninety million business customers worldwide rely on Equifax to organise, assimilate and analyse data.
Equifax is also recognised as one of the three largest credit reporting agencies in the world and has grown from a consumer credit information company into a leading provider of insights that helps its customers make more informed decisions and live their financial best.
Put simply, Equifax helps to power the financial future of individuals and organisations around the world.
Why you might love working at Equifax - www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocWQW3eJrHI
Equifax in the community - www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb1JXImv-8M
Job Number: J00103909
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Legal Counsel
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU