Principal Automation Engineer
Job Number: 13894
Equifax powers the financial future of individuals and organisations around the world. Using the combined strength of unique trusted data, technology and innovative analytics, Equifax has grown from a consumer credit company into a leading provider of insights and knowledge that helps its customers make informed decisions. The company organises, assimilates and analyses data on more than 820 million consumers and more than 91 million businesses worldwide, and its database includes employee data contributed from more than 6,600 employers.
The key purpose of the role is to provide leadership and expertise to automate software delivery and release process in on- premise, private/public cloud and hybrid environments using open and proprietary technology tool-sets. The role will also be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and procurement of tools and processes for release and build automation. The role is expected to stay abreast of the industry and technology trends in the fast-evolving DevOps area. The role will also work closely with counterparts in other geographies, provide thought leadership and articulate a technical road map for release automation at Equifax Australia.
The role will be responsible for running large-scale, distributed deployments across fault-tolerant systems. The person in the role is expected to work with the infrastructure team and various development teams to drive consistency and repeatability in the automation process. To be successful in the role, the person will provide technical leadership to a team of engineers.
Day to day requirements of this role will include:
- Tooling and technology for continuous build, integration and automated releases.
- Maintenance and standardisation of processes for software delivery automation.
- Be able to troubleshoot and remediate release pipeline behaviour and work with software development teams to ensure smooth operations.
- Act as a technical leader and automation champion.
- Design/Implementation containers/applications in scalable HA/DR multi-tier cloud environments, including new system design, documentation, implementation, and deployment
The required skills are:
- Experience in designing, developing and deploying large-scale commercial applications
- Strong experience in production support and operations.
- Experience in providing L4 technical support for production systems
- Prior experience in technical leadership
- Experience in automating manual processes using Python, Ruby, Unix Shell (bash, ksh), perl, etc.
- Commercial experience with release automation tools like Ansible/Chef, Jenkins, GIT, Python, Scripting languages/frameworks, Maven, Kubernetes, Docker, PowerShell, Atlassian tooling.
- Experience in creating technical road map and strategy; and communicating and executing on the same.
- Cloud experience on AWS or Azure, SDN, OpenStack, F5, Site Reliability Engineer experience.
- Experience with Performance Testing is a plus.
Why apply for this role and join Equifax?
- Opportunity to work in a fast paced environment
- Extensive career progression opportunities available within a global company
This really is a great opportunity to join an industry leader not only in the local market but the global market.
If you feel you have the required competencies to fulfil our needs we invite you to apply.
Function - IT Operations / Platforms
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU
State: New South Wales
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Automation Engineer
Requisition Number: J00057289
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p>Equifax is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.</p>