Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 14666
We are looking for a highly motivated Site Reliability Engineer, who is capable of building and running large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems.
You will be working in a global team across the organization to ensure core services reliability and monitoring capacity and performance. You will be responsible for blameless postmortems and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement. You will work closely with dev and ops teams to build highly available, cost effective systems. Create new tools and scripts designed for auto-remediation of incidents. You will design platforms for extremely high uptime metrics. You will work with cloud operations team to resolve trouble tickets, developing and running scripts, and troubleshooting. You will have full understanding of the applications and microservices interactions.
The required skills are:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with software development and technical operations.
- Experience in providing L4 technical support.
- Experience in Monitoring, maximizing system uptime and availability, ensuring functional and performance SLAs.
- Automation Experience with Build/deployment, Software Configuration/Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery/Release Engineering related tasks in Java EE/C++ Environments.
- Experience in automating manual processes using Python, Ruby, Unix Shell (bash, ksh), perl, Ant, etc.
- Installing, Configuring, Administering, and Tuning of JavaEE Application Servers/Containers like Tomcat, WebSphere, etc in Linux Environment.
- Hands on experience Configuring and Administering SCM (GIT, SVN), Build (Maven, CMake, Make files), CI(Jenkins), CD Automation Tools.
- Strong Automation, problem-solving skills, and ability to follow through to completion.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Participate in 24x7X365 an on-call support for multiple core platforms globally Using a "Follow the Sun" model we expect working patterns will include on call duty, weekend and holiday season cover. Candidates will be required at times to vary operating hours to ensure coverage for severity level support.
- Experience with Cloud Platforms like AWS, and Deploying and automating infrastructure/applications using Chef, RPM, Docker, AWS (ECS, ECR), Terraform, etc.
- Experience with database (RDBMS, NoSQL) technologies.
Why apply for this role and join Equifax?
- Opportunity to work in a new team with latest technology and products
- Extensive career progression opportunities available within a global company
This really is a great opportunity to join an industry leader not only in the local market but the global market.
If you feel you have the required competencies to fulfil our needs we invite you to apply.
Function - IT Operations / Platforms
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU
State: New South Wales
Community / Marketing Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Requisition Number: J00059208
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p>Equifax is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.</p>