Job Number: 14666
As a DevOps Engineer you will be working with a global team across the organization and will participate in 24x7X365 on-call support for multiple core platforms globally using a "Follow the Sun" model we expect working patterns will include on call duty, weekend and holiday season cover.
Coming from a highly technical background, you will be expected to build and run large-scale, massively distributed fault-tolerant systems.
Key Deliverables of this role will include:
- Responsible for blameless post-mortems and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement
- Responsible for establishing end-to-end monitoring and alerting on all critical aspects to ensure SLAs and get proactive notifications of possible issues for all systems
- Fully understand the application, micro services interactions
We are looking for:
- Experience in providing L4 technical support for production 24x7X365.
- Experience in Monitoring, maximizing system uptime and availability, ensuring functional and performance SLAs.
- Automation Experience with Build/deployment, Software Configuration/Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery/Release Engineering related tasks in an JavaEE/C++ Environments.
- Experience in automating manual processes using Python, Ruby, Unix Shell (bash, ksh), perl, Ant, etc.
- Installing, Configuring, Administering, and Tuning of JavaEE Application Servers/Containers like Tomcat, WebSphere, etc in Linux Environment.
- Experience with Cloud Platforms and virtualization Technologies, like AWS, Docker.
- Deploying and automating infrastructure/applications in cloud environment using Chef, RPM, Docker, AWS (ECS, ECR), Terraform, etc.
- Hands on experience Configuring and Administering SCM (GIT, SVN), Build (Maven, CMake, Make files), CI(Jenkins), CD Automation Tools.
- Experience with database (RDBMS, NoSql) technologies is a plus.
- Strong Automation, problem-solving skills, and ability to follow through to completion.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Participate in 24x7x365 an on-call "follow-the-sun" shift rotation.
- Experience with performance testing is a plus.
- Experience with database (RDBMS, NoSQL) technologies is a plus.
What's in it for you?
A great chance to join a global growing team. We are a fun, energetic, adaptable and professional team who love what we do.
If you feel you have the required competencies to fulfil our needs we invite you to apply.
Function - IT Operations / Platforms
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU
State: New South Wales
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer
Requisition Number: J00059208
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p>Equifax is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.</p>