Financial Viability Analyst
Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 15435
Equifax operates or has investments in 24 countries in North America, Central and South America, Europe and more recently in the Asia Pacific region, with the acquisition of Veda, a data analytics company and the leading provider of credit information and analysis in Australia and New Zealand. Combined the companies bring nearly 170 years of data and insights experience to the marketplace.
The Financial Viability Analyst is charged with the responsibility of analysing financial statements, providing recommendations, and preparing independent assessment reports for our customers on organisations tendering for various types of contracts. This person will be required to keep abreast of industry developments to ensure you are intimately familiar with the business drivers, dynamics and challenges across a range of markets. This person will also readily engage with customers, and will be required to have the ability to quickly build rapport, seeking to obtain market sensitive' information from senior stakeholders and have regular contact with Government and Private sector customers in relation to report requirements, assessment scope and any queries upon delivery of the finalised assessment.
Day to day requirements of this role will include:
- Collection and procurement of data required for financial assessment reports
- Conduct interviews & requests for information with company Directors, Accountants or Financial Controllers
- Determine relevance and report on subject company information sourced from websites and direct interviews with principals
- Analysis of financial statements, including use of internal scoring models to form recommendations
- Preparation of well-articulated, evidence-based reports that identify key issues, insights & recommendations
- Assigning assessment scores in respect of an entity's financial capacity
- Contacting third party referees to evaluate Subject Company's ability to meet their contractual commitments
- Manage and meet Client Service Level Agreements
- Recommending higher grade assessments to customers where applicable
- Maintain productivity and quality standards.
- Maintaining a professional image to clients and the broader business market
- Actively suggest improvements to process and procedures
- Continually seek better ways to provide quality service to customers
- Work collaboratively with Sales and relevant stakeholders to accommodate customer queries
- Participate in low level system development and maintenance support as required
Simply put, the required skills are:
- This role is suitable for a recent university graduate with a Bachelor Degree in Finance or a Business Related Discipline (CPA or CA preferred)
- Financial numeracy and literacy
- Accounting and financial statement analysis
- Credit analysis knowledge and economic and industry analysis
- Risk management and mitigation
- Professional report writing and presentation
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and the ability to meet deadlines and performance targets
- Sourcing sensitive information and treating it confidentially
Why apply for this role and join Equifax?
- Extensive career progression opportunities within a global company
- You will be across a variety of scenarios, looking at various industries and companies
- You will be part of a large team with opportunities to information share and build your knowledge base quickly
This really is a great opportunity to join an industry leader not only in the local market but the global market.
If you feel you have the required competencies to fulfil our needs we invite you to apply.
Function - Data and Analytics
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU
State: New South Wales
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Viability Analyst
Requisition Number: J00061599
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p>Equifax is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.</p>