Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 16893
Data doesn't stand still - and nor do we.
At Equifax, we are passionate about accumulating data, transforming it and then connecting it, to provide our customers with the complete picture. We are a global information solutions company that uses unique data, innovative analytics, technology and the expertise of our employees to power organisations around the world. We achieve this by transforming knowledge into insights that help make more informed business and personal decisions.
The Compliance Manager for Monitoring and Internal Controls will provide support to the Head of Compliance and the wider A/NZ Compliance function by developing and encouraging a culture of compliance, by building effective relationships with key internal stakeholders to ensure that a culture of compliance is embraced and supported within the business. This person will be required to influence management and employees on the importance and relevance of regulatory, policy and process adherence and the value of the monitoring and internal control function.
Day to day requirements of this role will include:
- Provide responsive, efficient, practical and high quality compliance services to Equifax's businesses, specifically in relation to laws affecting Equifax's operations in A/NZ, co-ordinating as required with internal legal counsel and other internal and external advisors.
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all laws and industry standards affecting A/NZ.
- Monitor and stay abreast of changes in laws and industry standards affecting Equifax's operations in A/NZ.
- Develop, implement and continuously improve an internal control and monitoring program for Australia and New Zealand, in line with AS ISO 19600:2015.
- Work with other members of the Compliance team, ensure key operational and compliance risks are identified, mitigated by an appropriate control environment and the control is adequately monitored.
- Perform compliance risk assessments to identify overall risk ratings, control gaps, and the overall effectiveness of controls.
- Create and maintain standard internal control documentation, as well as maintaining process flow diagrams and risk and control matrices.
- Plan, organise and carry out the internal controls function including the preparation of a monitoring manual, monitoring plan, scheduling and assigning work and estimating resource needs
Simply put, the required skills are:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business or Law is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in compliance or risk management gained from within the retail finance or banking sector or a financial services regulator
- Detailed understanding of AS ISO 19600:2015 Compliance Management System
- Previous experience designing a compliance framework
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Experience mentoring or coaching direct reports in a previous role
Why apply for this role and join Equifax?
- This team is not fully established so the role is a great chance to form your own processes, frameworks and working style
- Extensive career progression opportunities available within a global company
- Opportunity to mentor more junior members within the team
Function - Security Governance and Compliance
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU
State: New South Wales
Community / Marketing Title: Compliance Manager
Requisition Number: J00064019
EEO Employer Verbiage: <p>Equifax is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.</p>