Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 359
Equifax in North Sydney are looking for a talented Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer to join the Data and Analytics team.
Equifax delivers leading-edge technologies and solutions that powers the financial future of individuals and organisations around the world and we are looking for individuals who can help us disrupt the marketplace. In turn, we offer a great work/life balance where you’ll feel supported and valued. You’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary and the satisfaction of working with Equifax – helping our customers make more informed decisions.
As a BI Engineer is responsible for the success of our Visual Insights capability. The individual will work closely with analysts/data scientists to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions.
Some tasks of this role include:
- Working directly with Data and Analytics, IT and other users, locally and globally, to drive strong local user experience.
- Purposing data and metrics such that it is accurate, reliable, creates consistency and re-usability for Data Scientists and Citizen Data Scientists
- Optimising data visualisations and Data Layers for BI performance against customer experience requirements
- Support automation and migration to new technologies as required
- Build and maintain audit reporting capabilities to identify issues proactively and track against quality KPIs
- Identify, review, provide feedback, and advocate for new BI tool capabilities that could advance the D&A business to be best-in-class
So, what will impress us?
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Big Data Engineering experience- particularly SQL, Python and BigQuery
- BI tool performance optimisation experience- e.g. Tableau, Spotfire
- Interest/willingness to learn machine learning, and other new applications/systems
What's in it for you?
This is a great chance for you to join a fun, high-energy, adaptable and professional team who love what we do. We also provide you with:
- Work/life balance & flexibility, employees consistently rate this category as ‘five stars’
- Curated learning opportunities available through Equifax's online training portal. We will also fully support further educational opportunities on a case by case basis
- Income Protection Insurance - benefit payment for up to 75% of salary up to two years
- Structured on-boarding/induction training for new employees
- As a major sponsor of the Sydney Swans you’ll have opportunities to attend games
- You are eligible for additional leave (all paid) for your birthday, a ‘floating holiday’, as well as a volunteer day
- Final Friday of every month we facilitate a company-wide gathering/celebration (drinks/canapes)
- Stunning offices in central locations
- BUPA Corporate Healthcare Plan
- Multiple local and international career opportunities given our 10,000+ employees in 24 countries. Offices in London, New York, Paris, Atlanta & Dublin to name just a few
- Several recognition programs
- Referral reward - successfully refer a new employee and receive monetary compensation
- Employee Assistance Program – free counselling services
- Novated lease options available
Why you might love working at Equifax - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocWQW3eJrHI
Equifax in the community - www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb1JXImv-8M
Finally, a little about us:
Founded over 100 years ago, Equifax employs 10,000+ employees across 24 countries and is regarded as a global leader within information solutions. Equifax uses data, analytics and technology to provide first-class products for its customers. One billion consumers and over ninety million business customers worldwide rely on Equifax to organise, assimilate and analyse data. Equifax is also recognised as one of the three largest credit agencies in the world and has grown from a consumer credit company into a leading provider of insights that helps its customers make more informed decisions. Put simply, Equifax helps to power the financial future of individuals and organisations around the world.
Please note that you must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this position
Job Number: J00098974
Community / Marketing Title: BI Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU