Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 423
Maternity Leave position, October 2020 to February 2021 (potentially beyond).
The purpose of the Compliance Officer role is to provide responsive, efficient, practical and high-quality compliance services to Equifax’s businesses within Australia & New Zealand.
The Compliance Officer is responsible for assisting the relevant business units to take reasonable steps to ensure that the company's operational activities across Australia and New Zealand are compliant with relevant legislation including but not limited to Privacy, Competition & Consumer and Spam Act legislation.
The role focuses on three areas for which the Compliance department is responsible:
- Communication as it relates to compliance
- Providing support to the Compliance Manager, including the maintenance and administration of online compliance and compliance related registers
- Managing case work such as OAIC investigations.
The Compliance Officer will assist in the review of policies and procedures as they relate to our obligations under the Privacy legislation in Australia and NZ with particular reference to complaint handling and investigations.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Working closely with the B2B product teams ensuring that they comply with all laws, whilst anticipating potential changes & providing recommendations
- Working closely with the legal team ensuring all new products have appropriate legal advice
- Undertake periodic reviews of existing products & services
- Assist the operations team with all escalated complaints, ensuring all are investigated, satisfactorily addressed and resolved
- Be the first point of referral for responses to regulatory investigations in Australia including investigations by the OAIC and FOS, arising from complaints being handled by the Operations team
- Analyse and review complaints and their outcomes to identify risks/trends and escalate areas of concern in a timely manner.
So, what will impress us?
- Bachelor Degree – preferably Bachelor of Laws
- Two years PQE employed as a compliance officer/manager or legal counsel
- Background within the Financial Services sector, preferably within risk
- Knowledge/exposure to the Australian Privacy Act
What's in it for you?
This is a great chance for you to join a fun, high-energy, adaptable and professional team who love what we do. We also provide you with:
- Work/life balance & flexibility, employees consistently rate this category as ‘five stars’
- Curated learning opportunities available through Equifax's online training portal. We will also fully support further educational opportunities on a case by case basis
- Structured onboarding/induction training for new employees
- Stunning offices in central locations
- Multiple local and international career opportunities given our 10,000+ employees in 24 countries. Offices in London, New York, Paris, Atlanta & Dublin to name just a few
- Several performance/recognition programs
- Referral reward - successfully refer a new employee and receive monetary compensation
- Employee Assistance Program – free counselling services
- Novated vehicle lease options available
Finally, a little about us:
Founded over 100 years ago, Equifax employs 10,000+ employees across 24 countries and is regarded as a global leader in data, analytics and technology. We provide first-class information products and services to our customers which include the largest financial institutions, telecommunications providers and utilities in Australia and around the world. One billion consumers and over ninety million business customers worldwide rely on Equifax to organise, assimilate and analyse data.
Equifax is also recognised as one of the three largest credit reporting agencies in the world and has grown from a consumer credit information company into a leading provider of insights that helps its customers make more informed decisions and live their financial best.
Put simply, Equifax helps to power the financial future of individuals and organisations around the world.
Our values - https://vimeo.com/389341059/de652eadd6
Why you might love working at Equifax - www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocWQW3eJrHI
Equifax in the community - www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb1JXImv-8M
Job Number: J00105070
Community / Marketing Title: Compliance Officer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU