ANZ Vice President of Finance
Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 445
Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a leading global data, analytics and technology company, supporting customers across 24 countries. We have been serving the Australian and New Zealand markets for over 60 years. Through continuously adapting to our environment, not only have we remained a market leader, but we also drive and challenge ourselves to do better to help our customers live their financial best.
Our people are what makes us great at what we do, we see every member of our team as an integral piece of a jigsaw. We celebrate differences and recognise that each person brings with them unique talents and perspectives. We provide our people the support and flexibility to manage their work-life balance. At Equifax we genuinely care about our people and our ability to come together as #OneEquifax.
The perks of being an Equifax employee within the finance team?
Our people are important to us and we are devoted to ensuring that lives outside of work are supported and a successful work-life balance is achieved. We offer additional leave days as we recognise the importance of taking time out, whether that is to catch up on some rest, celebrate a birthday or give back to our community by volunteering. We are committed to the wellbeing of our people and provide them with discounted health cover through BUPA, access to comprehensive hearing services and discounts, and offer 24/7 support through our employee assistance program.
Our leadership team fosters a culture of ownership, they will lead, coach, mentor and listen. We support one another to feel confident to speak up and hold each other accountable to work with integrity.
What you will do:
As the ANZ VP of Finance, you will be part of the Finance Business Partner team within our international business unit, working closely with ANZ business leaders. You will be responsible for delivering dedicated and insightful financial analysis, whilst enabling the business units to reach their short and long term strategic and financial objectives.
You will interact frequently with sales leaders to deliver financial information and insights in a concise and relevant manner assisting them with effective decision-making, whilst also cultivating and maintaining strong relationships.
You will evaluate product profitability, technology capital allocation projects and overall profit and loss results, in support of long-term planning and execution. In addition, you will lead a team of finance professionals and set strategic direction and ensuring the execution of key deliverables.
You will also offer coaching and mentoring to the accounting team (the controller reporting into you on a dotted line basis). A strong dotted line into the ANZ CEO and participation of the Senior Leadership Team will also require strong communication, trust building and partnering skills.
- Serving as the lead Finance business partner for ANZ Platform to identify and address complex financial, operational and business issues, bringing effective information to bear, supporting timely decision-making, driving action and results
- Analysing business unit expense (operating and capital) and trends, and the preparation of reporting and synopsis of the business results to the business and management
- Overseeing the preparation, reporting and analysis of financial information for the ANZ Operation. This includes budgets, forecasts, and monthly analyses of results. Prepare executive summaries and conduct financial reviews with business unit leadership that help highlight key trends, variances, strengths and weaknesses within the business performance. Contribute to timely management decision-making. Identify appropriate action plans which respond to opportunities and issues
- Preparing annual budgets which reflect market conditions, key business drivers, strategic and operating initiatives, and properly balance realism with healthy stretch objectives. Help identify action steps to ensure successful delivery against budget targets
- Leading development of business cases for capital expenditures and other key initiatives
- Supporting commercial planning and analysis including revenue recognition, contract and pricing reviews, as well as design of adequate sales incentive plans with the ANZ CEO and HR Leader
- Anticipating business needs, and maintain a strong understanding of key business drivers and industry trends
- Actively participate and lead in inorganic growth initiatives, driving M&A activities like target identification and cultivation, due diligence, negotiation of deal terms and acquisition integration of approved transactions
- Identifying, recruiting, developing and retaining a high-performance team of professionals; providing direction, feedback, coaching and prioritisation to team
What are we looking for?
- 10-15 years of experience in a finance related capacity, 5+ years as a CFO
- CPA and/or CFA preferred
- Prior experience supporting sales or revenue-generating teams and managing full P+L’s for sales teams within a large multinational, preferably a global technology/fintech company
- Ability to present complex business cases, participated in the introduction of new products, capital expenditure or other business development and M&A activities
- Demonstrated success collaborating with finance, sales, and technology functions
- Experience successfully leading a team of financial analysts
Extra points for any of the following:
- FP&A experience
- An MBA from a highly rated university
- Worked on a large transformation project
Success attributes of an Equifax employee holding this type of position, does this describe you?
This position sits in our North Sydney office. Expect occasional travel to Melbourne, Brisbane, Auckland, and the US.
Equifax is an equal opportunity employer, and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Get on board and potentially make the best career decision ever. Send us your resume!
Job Number: J0010123456
Community / Marketing Title: ANZ Vice President of Finance
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU