Cyber Security Incident Response Analyst
Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 509
Cyber Security Incident Response Analyst (Remote or Office Based)
Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a leading global data, analytics, and technology company, supporting customers across 24 countries. We are devoted to building a diverse and inclusive culture, where employees engage in interesting and challenging work helping people live their financial best. We believe that the best way to do so is by working together and giving our employees the freedom and flexibility to create their own work-life balance. Our company has been serving the Australian and New Zealand markets for over 60 years and have continuously challenged ourselves to do better whilst consistently producing strong financial results.
The perks of being an Equifax employee within the Security team?
Here at Equifax we are undertaking an exciting Global Technological Transformation with a customer-centric, cloud native approach. While security is at the forefront of our technology offerings, we are also reducing complexities in our systems to create better outcomes for our customers. This includes decommissioning legacy applications, servers, data platforms and data centers
Our people are important to us and we are devoted in ensuring that lives outside of work are supported and a successful work-life balance is achieved. We offer additional leave days as we recognise the importance of taking time out, whether that’s to catch up on some rest, celebrate a birthday, or give back to our community by volunteering. We are committed to the wellbeing of our people and provide discounted health cover and offer 24/7 support through our employee assistance program.
What You’ll Do:
As a critical team member of the Equifax Security Incident Response Team, you will drive our incident response and analytic capabilities, positioning the Team to become more capable of handling today's security challenges. The Incident Responses Analyst will possess technical knowledge and experience performing incident response, threat hunting, network and system monitoring, malware analysis, and has performed cyber incident related digital forensics. The Incident Responses Analyst will have involvement with a robust assortment of security projects that support the Global Security team.
The Incident Responses Analyst helps ensure Company, system, and data preservation by performing immediate, effective, skilful and comprehensive response into global computer security incidents; and to contribute to the prevention of such incidents by engaging in threat hunting, proactive threat modelling, incident trend analysis, and developing monitoring and detection strategies.
Required Skills of the Cyber Security Incident Response Specialist:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a hands-on Security Incident Response role
- Lead and provide guidance for Incident Response containment and remediation activities
- Knowledge of tools used for network security (DLP, NIPS, HIPS, AV, Firewalls, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Unix and Windows operating system functionality
- Proficient in the use of the varied and diverse log analysis
- Thorough understanding of network protocols
- Ability to work or be on-call during off hours
Core Competencies of the Cyber Security Incident Response Specialist:
- Strong research, analytic, writing and briefing skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent activities, while understanding and managing priorities, dependencies and risk
- Expert capabilities to research, create, develop and deliver professional briefings, multimedia presentations, and written reports to both operational and senior leadership levels
- Ability to work independently, as well as mentoring other team members
- Willingness to learn new tools and processes and proven track record of learning new technologies, methodologies, and skills
- Organizational, time management, customer service and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated flexibility, initiative, judgment and discretion
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) required
- Certifications such as GIAC (GCIA, GCIH, GSEC, GCFA, GCFE, etc.), CISSP, CEH or related certification(s) desired
Success Attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
At Equifax, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate'
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting. At this stage of the application process, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with our confidence. Please know, we list these items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us.
Your ability to demonstrate that you possess/have the real potential to develop the required capabilities, knowledge, experience and qualifications to perform in our roles is what we would like to hear from you. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done and how you did it.
However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day!
Job Number: J00115360
Community / Marketing Title: Cyber Security Incident Response Analyst
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU