Location: Auckland, Auckland NZ
Job Number: 512
Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a leading global data, analytic and technology company, supporting customers across 24 countries. We have been serving the Australian and New Zealand markets for over 60 years. Through continuously adapting to our environment, not only have we remained a market leader, we drive and challenge ourselves to do better to help our customers live their financial best.
Our people are what makes us great at what we do - we see every member of our team as an integral piece of a jigsaw. We celebrate differences and recognise that each person brings with them unique talents and perspectives. We provide our people the support and flexibility to manage their work-life balance. At Equifax we genuinely care about our people and our ability to come together as #OneEquifax.
The perks of being an Equifax employee within the Legal & Compliance team?
There are lots of perks of being an Equifax employee – we offer additional leave days as we recognise the importance of taking time out, whether that’s to catch up on some rest, celebrate a birthday, or give back to our community by volunteering. We are committed to the wellbeing of our people and provide them with discounted health cover through BUPA, access to comprehensive hearing services and discounts, and offer 24/7 support through our employee assistance program. Our leadership team fosters a culture of ownership, they will lead, coach, mentor and listen. We support one another to feel confident to speak up and hold each other accountable to work with integrity.
Our Legal & Compliance team may be small but that doesn’t mean we don’t make a big impact. We love our job, so we are devoted to finding solutions to drive continuous improvement and provide a balanced ground for our customers and colleagues.
While our intentions are to be outcomes focussed, it doesn’t mean that we can’t have fun while we do it. When you peer into our office, you will see it bursting with caring, supportive people that have formed genuine friendships. Our leaders support us, and we put trust in each other to get the job done knowing that we are part of a larger jigsaw, dedicated to the same purpose.
What you’ll do:
The Compliance Officer will provide responsive, efficient, practical and high quality compliance services to Equifax’s New Zealand business.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Assist the Compliance team to continuously improve the ANZ compliance program
- Provide responsive, efficient, practical and high quality compliance services to Equifax’s businesses, specifically in relation to laws and industry standards affecting Equifax’s operations in New Zealand
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all laws and industry standards affecting Equifax’s operations in New Zealand
- Assist the GM of Compliance to monitor and stay abreast of changes in laws affecting Equifax’s operations in New Zealand
- Assist the GM of Compliance and wider Compliance team to develop and encourage a culture of compliance, including by developing effective relationships with key business staff to ensure that a culture of compliance is embraced and supported within the business
- Respond to internal and external stakeholders on compliance-related enquiries
What are we looking for?
- Preferably 5+ years of experience in Compliance, Legal or risk management function
- Demonstrated experience in completing Privacy Impact Assessments
- Strong stakeholder management skills with a proven ability to influence and effectively communicate technical or complex matters
- Ability to work autonomously and engage with team members internationally
- Willingness to travel to Sydney (in post Covid-19 environment)
Extra points for any of the following:
- Tertiary qualification in either Law or Business
- Background in financial services/banking
- Privacy experience
Success attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
At Equifax, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate'
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting. At this stage of the application process, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with our confidence. Please know, we list these items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us.
Your ability to demonstrate that you possess/have the real potential to develop the required capabilities, knowledge, experience and qualifications to perform in our roles is what we would like to hear from you. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done and how you did it.
However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day!
Job Number: J00111076
Community / Marketing Title: Compliance Officer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Auckland, Auckland NZ