Senior Data Analyst- Fixed Term Contract
Location: Auckland, Auckland NZ
Job Number: 514
Senior Data Analyst- Fixed Term Contract until August 2022 (Auckland)
Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a leading global data, analytic and technology company, supporting customers across 24 countries. We have been serving the Australian and New Zealand markets for over 60 years. Through continuously adapting to our environment, not only have we remained a market leader, we drive and challenge ourselves to do better to help our customers live their financial best.
Our people are what makes us great at what we do - we see every member of our team as an integral piece of a jigsaw. We celebrate differences and recognise that each person brings with them unique talents and perspectives. We provide our people the support and flexibility to manage their work-life balance. At Equifax we genuinely care about our people and our ability to come together as #OneEquifax.
The perks of being an Equifax employee within the Data & Analytics team?
There are lots of perks of being an Equifax employee – we offer additional leave days as we recognise the importance of taking time out, whether that’s to catch up on some rest, celebrate a birthday, or give back to our community by volunteering. We are committed to the wellbeing of our people and provide them with discounted health cover through BUPA, access to comprehensive hearing services and discounts, and offer 24/7 support through our employee assistance program. Our leadership team fosters a culture of ownership, they will lead, coach, mentor and listen. We support one another to feel confident to speak up and hold each other accountable to work with integrity.
Our success is our people, for we are truly united by our purpose and are encouraged and challenged every day to bring new ideas to help our customers make more informed decisions. Our outcomes focussed culture encourages thought leadership and innovation to ensure our ongoing success.
We are supportive and revel in working together on exciting projects. We see ourselves making an impact by utilising cutting edge/statistical modelling tools across hundreds of rich data assets and collaborating with some of the best data minds in Australia. Working within our diverse D&A team will provide you opportunities to gain exposure across all phases of the D&A lifecycle and work with some of our largest blue-chip customers.
The Senior Data Analyst duties will involve:
- Answering queries relating to various NZ data assets
- Assisting with the implementation of Transformation activities (e.g. Re-build of NZ Consumer Bureau, implementation of next-gen matching algorithm etc.)
- Improving data quality of data assets including data analysis, investigations and DQ meetings
- This particular role plays a significant role within Equifax’s business initiatives. The NZ data office is a growing function within our business and is increasingly seen as a prominent component for a wide variety of Equifax’s projects. We view this opportunity as being a ‘rewarding’ position, and at the forefront of the business technology transformation journey
- You’ll gain exposure to the newest technologies, cloud computing and big data analytics. In addition, you will be granted access to the company’s global resources, including all the most relevant training & development courses.
- The NZ team promotes agile practices, work discretion & flexibility, whilst maintaining a close connection with the wider data team in AU.
So, what will impress us for the Senior Data Analyst position?
- 5+ years experience working as a Data Analyst
- Relevant education. Preferably Science, Technology, Engineering and/or Mathematics/Statistics
- SQL expertise (a must)
- Tableau expertise (a must)
- Capabilities with tools such as Python & R viewed favourably, exposure to the ‘newer technologies’ too
- Preferably experience with Google Cloud Platform or other cloud platforms
- Great written communication skills
- Commercial acumen
- Sense of curiosity and ability to multi-task
- Any prior experience in the credit industry is a bonus.
Success attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
At Equifax, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate'
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting. At this stage of the application process, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with our confidence. Please know, we list these items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us.
Your ability to demonstrate that you possess/have the real potential to develop the required capabilities, knowledge, experience and qualifications to perform in our roles is what we would like to hear from you. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done and how you did it.
However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day!
Job Number: J00115302
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Data Analyst- Fixed Term Contract
Location_formattedLocationLong: Auckland, Auckland NZ