Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 527
Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a leading global data, analytic and technology company, supporting customers across 24 countries. We have been serving the Australian and New Zealand markets for over 60 years. Through continuously adapting to our environment, not only have we remained a market leader, we drive and challenge ourselves to do better to help our customers live their financial best.
Our people are what makes us great at what we do - we see every member of our team as an integral piece of a jigsaw. We celebrate differences and recognise that each person brings with them unique talents and perspectives. We provide our people the support and flexibility to manage their work-life balance. At Equifax we genuinely care about our people and our ability to come together as #OneEquifax.
The perks of being an Equifax employee within the Business Solutions team?
There are lots of perks of being an Equifax employee – we offer additional leave days as we recognise the importance of taking time out, whether that’s to catch up on some rest, celebrate a birthday, or give back to our community by volunteering. We are committed to the wellbeing of our people and provide them with discounted health cover through BUPA, access to comprehensive hearing services and discounts, and offer 24/7 support through our employee assistance program.
Our leaders are devoted to fostering a culture of ownership, they lead, coach, mentor, listen, empower and support us to find solutions and make important decisions. We are encouraged and challenged to think of new ideas to help do things better, simpler and more effective for our customers and our business.
We actively support, respect and trust in everything that we do together as a one team. We believe that having fun promotes a culture of creativity, collaboration and transparent communication. Working within our team will allow you to see firsthand the positive impact you can make for our customers.
What you’ll do:
The Business Analyst will be responsible for identifying and documenting underlying customer user / business requirements, assess and propose solution options, identify the recommended solution and communicate this to the relevant Delivery team.
Day to day requirements of this role will include:
- Gather and catalogue business requirements from Equifax customers.
- Apply analytical and critical thinking to assist the customer in identifying key business requirements.
- Prepare BA deliverables using Waterfall or Agile methodologies and in accordance with Equifax standards and methodologies.
- Conduct / lead workshops to explain technical and functional specifications with subject matter experts in the planning stage of projects
- Assess and propose solution options, identify the recommended solution.
- Work with Project Management/Business Analysis Manager in the development of estimates, project schedules / plans and other project team deliverables.
- Customer Engagement, i.e. responsible for management of customer expectations, scope change, etc in relation to requirements and the solution.
- Respond promptly and professionally to customer requests / enquiries.
- Coordinate with Project Management and other Equifax resources to deliver to project plan.
- Work with customers to implement and test Equifax solutions.
- Leverage Equifax product management knowledge and resources to assist in the delivery of solutions.
- Ensure requirements are properly understood by both the customer and Equifax project team and any issues are addressed with the customer in a timely fashion.
- Collect, analyse and synthesise information to recommend improvement or alternatives for consideration.
What are we looking for?
- At least. 5 years’ experience as a business focused business analyst where interacting with external customers was a part of your role
- Proven business analysis skills, excellent workflow, documentation and process mapping skills.
- Experience working with solution design in a Software Delivery life-cycle environment
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage multiple delivery projects effectively
- Demonstrated ability in communicating complex concepts in layman terms to stakeholders
- Confident, articulate and professional communication style
Success attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
At Equifax, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate'
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting. At this stage of the application process, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with our confidence. Please know, we list these items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us.
Your ability to demonstrate that you possess/have the real potential to develop the required capabilities, knowledge, experience and qualifications to perform in our roles is what we would like to hear from you. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done and how you did it.
However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day!
Job Number: J00115462
Community / Marketing Title: Business Analyst
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU