ServiceNow Software Engineer
Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 553
Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a leading global data, analytic and technology company, supporting customers across 24 countries. We have been serving the Australian and New Zealand markets for over 60 years. Through continuously adapting to our environment, not only have we remained a market leader, we drive and challenge ourselves to do better to help our customers live their financial best.
Our people are what makes us great at what we do - we see every member of our team as an integral piece of a jigsaw. We celebrate differences and recognise that each person brings with them unique talents and perspectives. We provide our people the support and flexibility to manage their work-life balance. At Equifax we genuinely care about our people and our ability to come together as #OneEquifax.
The perks of being an Equifax employee within the Technology team?
There are lots of perks of being an Equifax employee – we offer additional leave days as we recognise the importance of taking time out, whether that’s to catch up on some rest, celebrate a birthday, or give back to our community by volunteering. We are committed to the wellbeing of our people and provide them with discounted health cover through BUPA, access to comprehensive hearing services and discounts, and offer 24/7 support through our employee assistance program. Our leadership team fosters a culture of ownership, they will lead, coach, mentor and listen. We support one another to feel confident to speak up and hold each other accountable to work with integrity.
We are a large and truly diverse team with a great representation of different cultures, ages and backgrounds. We celebrate this jigsaw of experience and believe that diversity of thoughts is the key to our success. We are supportive, energised and work collaboratively as a team to achieve our organisational outcomes. We are devoted to learning new technologies and work in a creative and innovative environment. Our team is afforded a unique work/life balance that we highly value.
As a team we are driving our exciting global technology transformation with a customer-centric cloud native approach. While security is at the forefront of our technology offerings, we are also reducing complexities in our systems to create better outcomes for our customers.
What you’ll do:
The Software Engineer (SNOW) is an integral part of a cross-functional squad with the purpose to design, build, test, and support the applications, with strong adherence to the Agile delivery methodology and in compliance with the Engineering Handbook SDLC guidelines.
The Software Engineer designs and develops high-quality, fit-for-purpose software, consistent with Equifax’s global engineering standards. The role is highly technical and requires the ability to work in and leverage an agile environment to continuously and iteratively deliver business value. Reporting to the Squad Lead, the Software Engineer embodies asset ownership by consistently improving software systems, resolving technical debt, promoting reuse, maintaining quality and implementing reliability.
What are we looking for?
- 4+ years experience building elegant, delightful cloud-native apps with reduced cycle time in the ServiceNow platform
- Experience in overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Commercial software engineering experience, preferably using ServiceNow in a financial services enterprise or technology product company
- Established knowledge and understanding of key software engineering principles like OOP, Inversion of Control, Design Patterns and Microservices architectures
- Detailed knowledge of modern software development tools, techniques and frameworks
- A penchant for solving problems using highly scalable, multi-threaded, highly performant software, with massive data processing requirements
- Sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate, not only with team members at various levels but with business leaders across the organisation
- Tertiary qualifications in Software Engineering or relevant commercial experience & certifications
Extra points for any of the following:
- Experience in the CSM Module is an advantage
- GCP experience well regarded
- Proven experience in Stakeholder management
Success attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
At Equifax, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate'
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting. At this stage of the application process, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with our confidence. Please know, we list these items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us.
Your ability to demonstrate that you possess/have the real potential to develop the required capabilities, knowledge, experience and qualifications to perform in our roles is what we would like to hear from you. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done and how you did it.
However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day!
Job Number: J00113717
Community / Marketing Title: ServiceNow Software Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU