First Responder - IT Systems Support
Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 562
Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a leading global data, analytic and technology company, supporting customers across 24 countries. We have been serving the Australian and New Zealand markets for over 60 years. Through continuously adapting to our environment, not only have we remained a market leader, we drive and challenge ourselves to do better to help our customers live their financial best.
Our people are what makes us great at what we do - we see every member of our team as an integral piece of a jigsaw. We celebrate differences and recognise that each person brings with them unique talents and perspectives. We provide our people the support and flexibility to manage their work-life balance. At Equifax we genuinely care about our people and our ability to come together as #OneEquifax.
The perks of being an Equifax employee within the Technology team?
There are lots of perks of being an Equifax employee – we offer additional leave days as we recognise the importance of taking time out, whether that’s to catch up on some rest, celebrate a birthday, or give back to our community by volunteering. We are committed to the wellbeing of our people and provide them with discounted health cover through BUPA, access to comprehensive hearing services and discounts, and offer 24/7 support through our employee assistance program. Our leadership team fosters a culture of ownership, they will lead, coach, mentor and listen. We support one another to feel confident to speak up and hold each other accountable to work with integrity.
We are a large and truly diverse team with a great representation of different cultures, ages and backgrounds. We celebrate this jigsaw of experience and believe that diversity of thoughts is the key to our success. We are supportive, energised and work collaboratively as a team to achieve our organisational outcomes. We are devoted to learning new technologies and work in a creative and innovative environment. Our team is afforded a unique work/life balance that we highly value.
As a team we are driving our exciting global technology transformation with a customer-centric cloud native approach. While security is at the forefront of our technology offerings, we are also reducing complexities in our systems to create better outcomes for our customers.
What you’ll do:
The First Responder is on the front line of operational support and customer service, responding to system incidents in a timely manner and continuously reducing their number and impact.
The role provides immediate operational support for technology assets and collaborates with the squads to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve any issues.
- Take ownership of customer issues and see them through to resolution
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve system issues
- Maintain a knowledge base and incident run sheet per system, resolutions and known errors
- Prioritise and manage several open issues at one time
- Carry the pager and serves on the on-call, after-hours support roster
- Follow standard ITSM procedures, including communications and escalation of unresolved issues
- Support the SRE team members and take on SRE tasks from time to time
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years’ experience in system support, coding or operations
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician, or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
Extra points for any of the following:
- Qualification in STEM subject
- Experience working with a FInancial platform
Success attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
At Equifax, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate'
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting. At this stage of the application process, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with our confidence. Please know, we list these items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with
Your ability to demonstrate that you possess/have the real potential to develop the required capabilities, knowledge, experience and qualifications to perform in our roles is what we would like to hear from you. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done and how you did it.
However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day!
Job Number: J00116149
Community / Marketing Title: First Responder - IT Systems Support
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU