Location: Auckland, Auckland NZ
Job Number: 569
Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a leading global data, analytic and technology company, supporting customers across 24 countries. We have been serving the Australian and New Zealand markets for over 60 years. Through continuously adapting to our environment, not only have we remained a market leader, we drive and challenge ourselves to do better to help our customers live their financial best.
Our people are what makes us great at what we do - we see every member of our team as an integral piece of a jigsaw. We celebrate differences and recognise that each person brings with them unique talents and perspectives. We provide our people the support and flexibility to manage their work-life balance. At Equifax we genuinely care about our people and our ability to come together as #OneEquifax.
The perks of being an Equifax employee within the New Zealand team?
There are lots of perks of being an Equifax employee – we offer additional leave days as we recognise the importance of taking time out, whether that’s to catch up on some rest, celebrate a birthday, or give back to our community by volunteering. We are committed to the wellbeing of our people and provide them with discounted health cover through BUPA, access to comprehensive hearing services and discounts, and offer 24/7 support through our employee assistance program. Our leadership team fosters a culture of ownership, they will lead, coach, mentor and listen. We support one another to feel confident to speak up and hold each other accountable to work with integrity.
Our team, undefined by a department, is undoubtedly a #OneEquifax team in every sense. We assume the best in each other and support one another as we work together towards our shared purpose. Our leaders care about providing us with interesting and thought-provoking work that provides us with an opportunity to truly make an impact.
Our unique culture is what sets us apart. It is built on transparency, ownership and willingness to take on challenges to create better outcomes for our customers. We take pride in working together in giving back to our community and we take the time to celebrate and share in each other’s success.
What you’ll do:
The Operations Manager is accountable for the support, maintenance and necessary enhancement for A/NZ’s key systems of record - the AU IBM mainframe and the NZ IBMi.
The Operations Manager will provide governance and operational controls across the platforms covering incident management, incident response, process improvements, vendor management and customers’ impact. This role will provide integrated leadership across the operational management of the systems of record spanning infrastructure, applications, middleware and integration by engaging the appropriate team to deliver outcomes.
This role will also be required to manage or direct post incident restoration activities and reviews. This role will also be required to participate and drive root cause analysis and remediation as required and relevant.
The role leads production change and release control including impact assessment of code releases to production, defect/issue resolution, security or regulatory changes, and infrastructure changes across the mainframe environment.
The Operations Manager will work closely with Tribe, Engineering & Partner Leads as well as Enterprise Architecture, Technology Operations Center (TOC), Enterprise Infrastructure team, Vendors and Suppliers.
What are we looking for?
- 10+ years of experience in systems support and production operations
- Extensive experience in working on a high volume, complex production environment.
- Experience in leading support, maintenance and enhancement efforts for large systems of record, specifically IBM Mainframes
- In depth knowledge of credit and collections business functions
- Extensive operations exposure: deployment configuration, sustainability, scaling patterns, load balancing, performance tuning, SLA management, integration with enterprise systems.
- Robust working knowledge of Change, incident and problem management process
- Knowledge of relational database systems, including SQL, performance, transaction management, configuration, and physical layout of database systems
- Strong ability to leverage/manage offshore support model
- Excellent ability to manage, identify and implement process efficiencies
- Strong leadership skills to manage large teams
- Effective skills and exposure to risk management processes
- Strong skills in managing client relationships
- Effective in prioritising issues, finding resolutions with strong ability to prioritize critical issues and place into business context
Success attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
At Equifax, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate'
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting. At this stage of the application process, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with our confidence. Please know, we list these items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us.
Your ability to demonstrate that you possess/have the real potential to develop the required capabilities, knowledge, experience and qualifications to perform in our roles is what we would like to hear from you. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done and how you did it.
However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day!
Job Number: J00116961
Community / Marketing Title: Operations Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Auckland, Auckland NZ