Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 589
Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a leading global data, analytic and technology company, supporting customers across 24 countries. We have been serving the Australian and New Zealand markets for over 60 years. Through continuously adapting to our environment, not only have we remained a market leader, we drive and challenge ourselves to do better to help our customers live their financial best.
Our people are what makes us great at what we do - we see every member of our team as an integral piece of a jigsaw. We celebrate differences and recognise that each person brings with them unique talents and perspectives. We provide our people the support and flexibility to manage their work-life balance. At Equifax we genuinely care about our people and our ability to come together as #OneEquifax.
The perks of being an Equifax employee within the Operations (Residential Building Agency) team?
There are lots of perks of being an Equifax employee – we offer additional leave days as we recognise the importance of taking time out, whether that’s to catch up on some rest, celebrate a birthday, or give back to our community by volunteering. We are committed to the wellbeing of our people and provide them with discounted health cover through BUPA, access to comprehensive hearing services and discounts, and offer 24/7 support through our employee assistance program.
Our leaders are devoted to fostering a culture of ownership, they lead, coach, mentor, listen, empower and support us to find solutions and make important decisions. We are encouraged and challenged to think of new ideas to help do things better, simpler and more effective for our customers and our business.
We actively support, respect and trust in everything that we do together as a one team. We believe that having fun promotes a culture of creativity, collaboration and transparent communication. Working within our team will allow you to see firsthand the positive impact you can make for our customers.
What you’ll do:
The Financial Analyst will oversee assessments across the home building sector, analysing key issues, identifying commercial insights, and providing a professional opinion and clear recommendations to support critical business decisions.
This involves working with a team of analysts to oversee assessments, identification and presentation of critical issues relating to the credit risk of an entity in determining its annual eligibility.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Conducting forensic analysis and benchmarking
- Preparing the assessment rationale, reviewing reports, and verifying evidence
- Providing specialist input and provide a professional opinion
- Providing advice to entities in the home building industry
- Complying with all applicable policies, procedures, and rating requirements
- Presenting a professional image to clients and the broader business market
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years experience in Financial Analysis and credit risk decisioning is essential
- Full understanding and experience within financial analysis and credit risk analysis
- The ability to work independently and proactively self-manage
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Impeccable written and verbal skills with ability to communicate effectively with Brokers, Accountants, Company Directors and CFO’s
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain professional conduct at all times
- Understanding of the need to be compliance-minded
- Accounting Qualifications will be highly regarded
Success attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
At Equifax, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate'
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting. At this stage of the application process, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with our confidence. Please know, we list these items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us.
Your ability to demonstrate that you possess/have the real potential to develop the required capabilities, knowledge, experience and qualifications to perform in our roles is what we would like to hear from you. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done and how you did it.
However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day!
Job Number: J00115709
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Analyst
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU