Business Analyst Team Leader
Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 619
Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a leading global data, analytic and technology company, supporting customers across 24 countries. We have been serving the Australian and New Zealand markets for over 60 years. Through continuously adapting to our environment, not only have we remained a market leader, we drive and challenge ourselves to do better to help our customers live their financial best.
Our people are what makes us great at what we do - we see every member of our team as an integral piece of a jigsaw. We celebrate differences and recognise that each person brings with them unique talents and perspectives. We provide our people the support and flexibility to manage their work-life balance. At Equifax we genuinely care about our people and our ability to come together as #OneEquifax.
The perks of being an Equifax employee within the Technology Transformation team?
There are lots of perks of being an Equifax employee – we offer additional leave days as we recognise the importance of taking time out, whether that’s to catch up on some rest, celebrate a birthday, or give back to our community by volunteering. We are committed to the wellbeing of our people and provide them with discounted health cover through BUPA, access to comprehensive hearing services and discounts, and offer 24/7 support through our employee assistance program. Our leadership team fosters a culture of ownership, they will lead, coach, mentor and listen. We support one another to feel confident to speak up and hold each other accountable to work with integrity.
We are a large and truly diverse team with a great representation of different cultures, ages and backgrounds. We celebrate this jigsaw of experience and believe that diversity of thoughts is the key to our success. We are supportive, energised and work collaboratively as a team to achieve our organisational outcomes. We are devoted to learning new technologies and work in a creative and innovative environment. Our team is afforded a unique work/life balance that we highly value.
As a team we are driving our exciting global technology transformation with a customer-centric cloud native approach. While security is at the forefront of our technology offerings, we are also reducing complexities in our systems to create better outcomes for our customers.
What you’ll do:
The Business Analyst Team Leader will be responsible for recruiting and on-boarding new business analysts and will take ownership for the career development, coaching and monitoring of a team of business analysts for a number of value streams and projects.
You must be passionate about business analysis to ensure continuous improvement of the BA practice by: - promoting the accruement of IIBA knowledge areas within your BA team and encourage consistent business analysis approach aligned with IIBA and BABOK 3.0 guide - maintaining and enriching BA resources such as guides, templates, processes and knowledge base - providing guidance to PMs and BAs during projects inception stage on best practice and project methodologies.
You will maintain strong working relationships with both the business and IT stakeholders and promote a culture of excellence in stakeholder management amongst his or her direct reports.
You must have advanced interpersonal and communication skills to successfully engage senior stakeholders and the ability to promote multi-level teamwork. In addition, the BA Team Leader must be comfortable in using their consulting skills to frequently engage different stakeholders in a diverse results-driven environment.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years as the main BA on projects.
- 1+ year as Senior BA, BA Team Lead with leadership or mentoring experience.
- Strong believer in the value of business analysis as a driver for success.
- Specific experience in working in a matrix or cross-functional environment. Be able to clearly explain the challenges and solutions to performance and management issues that are a result of matrix management.
- Mature, well balanced and emotionally resilient. Strong self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
- Exceptional personal customer relationship management skills and outstanding interpersonal and liaison skills with all levels of stakeholder.
- Able to demonstrate strong commercial acumen, astute influencing and negotiating skills as well as exceptional interpersonal abilities (including presentation and written communication skills).
- Personal presence and strong influencing skills.
- Exceptional planning and time management skills.
Extra points for any of the following:
- Project management experience.
- Lengthy experience as a practitioner in reputable Agile environments is an advantage.
- Experience working with large data volumes and data marts/warehouses.
- Ability to analyse complex systems and document into simple, concise information for easy retrieval by people seeking information.
- Commercial experience in a data and knowledge driven environment.
- A working knowledge of Equifax platforms would be a great advantage.
Success attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
At Equifax, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate'
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting. At this stage of the application process, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with our confidence. Please know, we list these items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us.
Your ability to demonstrate that you possess/have the real potential to develop the required capabilities, knowledge, experience and qualifications to perform in our roles is what we would like to hear from you. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done and how you did it.
However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day!
Job Number: J00120030
Community / Marketing Title: Business Analyst Team Leader
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU