Location: Melbourne, Victoria AU
Job Number: 631
Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a leading global data, analytic and technology company, supporting customers across 24 countries. We have been serving the Australian and New Zealand markets for over 60 years. Through continuously adapting to our environment, not only have we remained a market leader, we drive and challenge ourselves to do better to help our customers live their financial best.
Our people are what makes us great at what we do - we see every member of our team as an integral piece of a jigsaw. We celebrate differences and recognise that each person brings with them unique talents and perspectives. We provide our people the support and flexibility to manage their work-life balance. At Equifax we genuinely care about our people and our ability to come together as #OneEquifax.
The perks of being an Equifax employee within the Data & Analytics team?
There are lots of perks of being an Equifax employee – we offer additional leave days as we recognise the importance of taking time out, whether that’s to catch up on some rest, celebrate a birthday, or give back to our community by volunteering. We are committed to the wellbeing of our people and provide them with discounted health cover through BUPA, access to comprehensive hearing services and discounts, and offer 24/7 support through our employee assistance program. Our leadership team fosters a culture of ownership, they will lead, coach, mentor and listen. We support one another to feel confident to speak up and hold each other accountable to work with integrity.
Our success is our people, for we are truly united by our purpose and are encouraged and challenged every day to bring new ideas to help our customers make more informed decisions. Our outcomes focussed culture encourages thought leadership and innovation to ensure our ongoing success.
We are supportive and revel in working together on exciting projects. We see ourselves making an impact by utilising cutting edge/statistical modelling tools across hundreds of rich data assets and collaborating with some of the best data minds in Australia. Working within our diverse D&A team will provide you opportunities to gain exposure across all phases of the D&A lifecycle and work with some of our largest blue-chip customers.
What you’ll do:
The Data Scientist is responsible for the delivery of innovative decision science models and attributes that leverage Equifax’s vast data assets. These include decision areas covering the credit lifecycle, geodemographic and marketing attributes, ratings and fraud models, as well as any new areas where data driven decision making can be informed by predictive modelling.
Key responsibilities include project management, defining business and technical requirements, resource planning and analytic solution design and innovation in a big data environment, as well quality control of analytical output.
What are we looking for?
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in analytics industry
- Degree educated in Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Finance, Marketing, Risk, Computing Science, Engineering or other numerate field
- Strong people management, team leadership and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines and budgets
- Flexibility to effectively manage changing schedules and priorities and to able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to present complex information simply and directly
- Proficiency in programming especially in big data environment and building and utilising ML and analytical packages and visualisation tools (Python preferable)
- A willingness to learn new applications and systems
- An innovative approach and interest in data science and analytical problem solving with prior experience in developing and using ML based models (eg: Deep Neural networks, Gradient Boosting machines and other tree based techniques, graph neural networks etc.)
Success attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
At Equifax, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate'
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting. At this stage of the application process, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with our confidence. Please know, we list these items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us.
Your ability to demonstrate that you possess/have the real potential to develop the required capabilities, knowledge, experience and qualifications to perform in our roles is what we would like to hear from you. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done and how you did it.
However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day!
Job Number: J00119471
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Melbourne, Victoria AU