Senior Business Analyst
Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 649
Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a leading global data, analytic and technology company, supporting customers across 24 countries. We have been serving the Australian and New Zealand markets for over 60 years. Through continuously adapting to our environment, not only have we remained a market leader, we drive and challenge ourselves to do better to help our customers live their financial best.
Our people are what makes us great at what we do - we see every member of our team as an integral piece of a jigsaw. We celebrate differences and recognise that each person brings with them unique talents and perspectives. We provide our people the support and flexibility to manage their work-life balance. At Equifax we genuinely care about our people and our ability to come together as #OneEquifax.
The perks of being an Equifax employee within the Transformation & Delivery team?
There are lots of perks of being an Equifax employee – we offer additional leave days as we recognise the importance of taking time out, whether that’s to catch up on some rest, celebrate a birthday, or give back to our community by volunteering. We are committed to the wellbeing of our people and provide them with discounted health cover through BUPA, access to comprehensive hearing services and discounts, and offer 24/7 support through our employee assistance program. Our leadership team fosters a culture of ownership, they will lead, coach, mentor and listen. We support one another to feel confident to speak up and hold each other accountable to work with integrity.
Our leaders practice transparency and encourage us to take full ownership of our work, debate ideas and create solutions that drive positive change for our customers. Our progressive and outcomes focused culture sees everyone making an impact, at every level.
We actively support, respect and trust in everything that we do together as a one team. We believe that having fun promotes a culture of creativity, collaboration, and transparent communication. Working within our team will allow you to see firsthand the positive impact you can make for our customers.
What you’ll do:
The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for performing end to end business analysis. This role is essential to enabling a great customer and employee experience. The Business Analyst position responsibilities include stakeholder identification and management, scope definition, requirement elicitation, documentation and management, data analysis, process mapping, production of guides, UAT management, supporting delivery teams and go to market activities.
As part of the Transformation team, you will be essential to identifying opportunities for improvement in business operations and processes and enabling an integrated delivery of changes. The Transformation team is accountable for the end-to-end delivery of business capabilities as well as client projects.
The role suits someone who is experienced, mature, bright, energetic, tenacious, hardworking, able to work effectively with different personalities, versatile and thrives when faced with ambiguity. The Senior Business Analyst needs to have great communication skills to adapt and communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organisation.
This role is either Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane based. Please note that this role is fixed term contract until 24th of December 2021.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technology
- 5 years’ experience as a business analyst, performing business analysis activities at all stages of an initiative
- A minimum of 2 years working in Financial Services, Technology or Data company
- Experience working for a large global organisation with stakeholders across geographies and time zones
- Exceptional facilitation skills including experience facilitating online workshops and large groups
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management at all levels of the organisation
- Experience working on technology projects
Extra points for any of the following:
- Experience working within a financial services, technology, or data company
- IIBA certification
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, IT, BI or Analytics
- Experience working with start-ups and in Lean Thinking
- Experience in User Journey mapping
- Experience or certifications in Design Thinking, User Research
- Exposure to G Suite
Success attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
- Accountable with an owner mentality of work
- Brave – able to use positive intent to share new ideas and challenge assumptions backed by logic even when others may have a different viewpoint
- Curious & Critical Thinker – able to identify gaps by asking questions and connecting the dots end-to-end
- Collaborative – working across global and local teams in Australia, NZ, India and USA to drive success
- Bar Raiser – raises the bar with your super-power and coach others around you
- Self-aware and Trustworthy – establishes strong rapport and trust across teams, knows how to take feedback and learn
At Equifax, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate'
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting. At this stage of the application process, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with our confidence. Please know, we list these items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us.
Your ability to demonstrate that you possess/have the real potential to develop the required capabilities, knowledge, experience and qualifications to perform in our roles is what we would like to hear from you. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done and how you did it.
However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day!
Job Number: J00120786
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Business Analyst
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU