Location: Melbourne, Victoria AU
Job Number: 674
Equifax - A Global Data & Analytics Leader
Equifax is an Atlanta (USA) headquartered global leader in data and analytics supporting customers across 24 countries. We have served the Australian and New Zealand market for over 60 years. Our mission is to help our customers live their financial best. We do this by providing a range of credit, workforce and business solutions used across multiple sectors, from banking, healthcare and governments, to BNPY, B2C and lenders.
What you’ll do:
The Business Analyst will identify and document the underlying customer user / business requirements, assess, and propose solution options, identify the recommended solution and communicate this to the relevant delivery team.
This role is essential to enabling a great customer experience and suits someone who has excellent communication skills and maintains a professional approach in all situations.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technology
- 5+ years of experience as a business focused business analyst, with at least 3 years in a role that involved interacting with external customers
- Proven business analysis skills, excellent workflow, documentation, and process mapping skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication in clarity and articulation
- Proven ability to understand the relationship between systems applications and business processes in an analytical marketing environment
- Ability to analyse complex systems and document into simple, concise information for easy retrieval by people seeking information
- High skills competence in Word, Excel and Visio
Extra points for any of the following:
- An understanding of the credit origination/lending process
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- A working knowledge of Equifax products would be a great advantage
- Ability to apply business and commercial experience in a data and knowledge driven environment
- Detail orientated with the ability to see the ‘big picture’
- WSDL services, XML & system integration
Success attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
- Accountable with an owner mentality of work
- Brave – able to use positive intent to share new ideas and challenge assumptions backed by logic even when others may have a different viewpoint
- Curious & Critical Thinker – able to identify gaps by asking questions and connecting the dots end-to-end
- Collaborative – working across global and local teams in Australia, NZ, India and USA to drive success
- Bar Raiser – raises the bar with your super-power and coach others around you
- Self-aware and Trustworthy – establishes strong rapport and trust across teams, knows how to take feedback and learn
At Equifax, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate'
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting. At this stage of the application process, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with our confidence. Please know, we list these items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us.
Your ability to demonstrate that you possess/have the real potential to develop the required capabilities, knowledge, experience and qualifications to perform in our roles is what we would like to hear from you. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done and how you did it.
However, you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day!
Our People & Culture
Our people are what makes us great at what we do - we see every member of our team as an integral piece of a jigsaw. We celebrate differences and recognise that each person brings with them unique talents and perspectives. We provide our people the support and flexibility to manage their work-life balance. At Equifax we genuinely care about our people and our ability to come together as #OneEquifax.
The perks of being an Equifax employee within the Transformation & Delivery team?
There are lots of perks of being an Equifax employee – we offer additional leave days as we recognise the importance of taking time out, whether that’s to catch up on some rest, celebrate a birthday, or give back to our community by volunteering. We are committed to the wellbeing of our people and provide them with discounted health cover through BUPA, access to comprehensive hearing services and discounts, and offer 24/7 support through our employee assistance program.
Our leaders are devoted to fostering a culture of ownership, they lead, coach, mentor, listen, empower and support us to find solutions and make important decisions. We are encouraged and challenged to think of new ideas to help do things better, simpler and more effective for our customers and our business.
We actively support, respect and trust in everything that we do together as a one team. We believe that having fun promotes a culture of creativity, collaboration and transparent communication. Working within our team will allow you to see firsthand the positive impact you can make for our customers.
Job Number: J00122749
Community / Marketing Title: Business Analyst
Location_formattedLocationLong: Melbourne, Victoria AU