B2B Marketing Manager
Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 758
Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a leading global data, analytics, and technology company, supporting customers across 24 countries. We have been serving the Australian and New Zealand markets for over 60 years. Through continuously adapting to our environment, not only have we remained a market leader, but we also drive and challenge ourselves to do better to help our customers live their financial best.
Our people are what makes us great at what we do - we see every member of our team as an integral piece of a jigsaw. We celebrate differences and recognise that each person brings with them unique talents and perspectives. We provide our people the support and flexibility to manage their work-life balance. At Equifax we genuinely care about our people and our ability to come together as #OneEquifax.
The perks of being an Equifax employee within the Marketing team?
There are lots of perks of being an Equifax employee – we offer additional leave days as we recognise the importance of taking time out, whether that is to catch up on some rest, celebrate a birthday, or give back to our community by volunteering. We are committed to the wellbeing of our people and provide them with discounted health cover through BUPA, access to comprehensive hearing services and discounts, and offer 24/7 support through our employee assistance program. Our leadership team fosters a culture of ownership, they will lead, coach, mentor and listen. We support one another to feel confident to speak up and hold each other accountable to work with integrity.
In Sales, Product & Marketing, we work together with our leaders who encourage a culture of ownership, mentoring and comradery. We are provided the opportunity to work on interesting and challenging projects every day. Our teams are encouraged to vocalise ideas and make our work our own to create a real impact. This keeps us energized and ensures we feel supported in our work.
We live up to our standard as market leaders. We are bold enough to continuously challenge the status quo because we want to be better every day. We are devoted to our customers and hold their best interests at heart. Our team enjoys creating and adapting to keep driving our company and our team forward.
What you will do:
The Marketing Manager (B2B) role will be responsible for the development and implementation of marketing initiatives, ensuring alignment with the company’s objectives and strategies. The Marketing Manager (B2B) will be the customer champion in driving marketing activities from a product/segment based approach - leveraging digital, telephone and relationship based methods of selling. As the conduit between the Product team and Sales team, the role will manage campaigns to drive revenue from various segments. The role will also work closely with the Product team on a range of marketing initiatives including Product launches, Events, Customer communications and General collateral development.
You will develop the regional and national marketing strategy, design and implement high impact marketing programs that raise the brand awareness and help build relationships with clients and prospects alike. You will be a key contributor to how we storytell the value of our offerings to all our audiences. From product and digital marketing to brand custodian and budget controller, this is a fantastic opportunity for a high performer and hard hitter to make a positive difference to the financial well-being of our audiences.
- Develop marketing plans for new product launches and re-launches
- Manage and drive the process for how marketing is driven from a segment-based approach
- Rigidly manage the campaign process and calendar of activity to ensure deadlines are met, results are communicated, and learnings are applied
- Be the customer champion in understanding the needs of industry segments.
- Develop a good understanding of the competitive landscape
- Be the conduit between Product and Sales teams in developing propositions for different segments of the market
- Recommend campaign marketing strategies to drive sales leads and influence customer behaviours/product usage
- Understand and articulate Personas, Product Features, Positioning, and Messaging to make offers relevant for each segment
- Develop specific collateral for each campaign for online and/or offline usage.
- Establish the performance targets for each marketing activity, providing analysis and interpretation of results
- Project manage each activity to ensure objectives are achieved.
- Work with relevant content agency to create engaging stories and articles, for translation across social, online and customer comms
- Scope out event landscape and recommend to Product team any events that will help drive leads and brand awareness
- Work closely with Event Manager to drive concepts/ideas around themes and messaging for events, as well as come up with innovative and engaging ways to capture leads and execute to the highest professional level
- Work with the Product team in crafting messaging for each activity
- Work alongside Marketing Communications to integrate PR opportunities
- Ensure budgets are spent in the most effective areas to maximise Return on Investment.
- Develop and manage the communications of results to Senior Managers
- Help drive organisational change in transforming the marketing function to be more customer and segment focused
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication and strong writing and editing skills
- Minimum 6+ years’ experience in a marketing role
- Very strong organisation skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- High level of customer/product focus. Strong sense of what customers want and will respond to
- A strong background in developing and executing segment-based marketing campaigns
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on projects independently
- Experience identifying and driving opportunities for growth
Extra points for any of the following:
- An understanding of core marketing concepts and sales strategies
- Tertiary qualification in marketing (desirable)
- An advanced understanding on data driven marketing
Success attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
At Equifax, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate'
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting. At this stage of the application process, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with our confidence. Please know, we list these items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us.
Your ability to demonstrate that you possess/have the real potential to develop the required capabilities, knowledge, experience, and qualifications to perform in our roles is what we would like to hear from you. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done and how you did it.
However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day!
Job Number: J00125879
Community / Marketing Title: B2B Marketing Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU