Head of Product Innovation - Open Data
Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 794
Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a leading global data, analytics, and technology company, supporting customers across 24 countries. We have been serving the Australian and New Zealand markets for over 60 years. Through continuously adapting to our environment, not only have we remained a market leader, but we also drive and challenge ourselves to do better to help our customers live their financial best.
Our people are what makes us great at what we do - we see every member of our team as an integral piece of a jigsaw. We celebrate differences and recognise that each person brings with them unique talents and perspectives. We provide our people the support and flexibility to manage their work-life balance. At Equifax we genuinely care about our people and our ability to come together as #OneEquifax.
The perks of being an Equifax employee within the Product team?
There are lots of perks of being an Equifax employee – we offer additional leave days as we recognise the importance of taking time out, whether that is to catch up on some rest, celebrate a birthday, or give back to our community by volunteering. We are committed to the wellbeing of our people and provide them with discounted health cover through BUPA, access to comprehensive hearing services and discounts, and offer 24/7 support through our employee assistance program. Our leadership team fosters a culture of ownership, they will lead, coach, mentor and listen. We support one another to feel confident to speak up and hold each other accountable to work with integrity.
In Sales, Product & Marketing, we work together with our leaders who encourage a culture of ownership, mentoring and comradery. We are provided the opportunity to work on interesting and challenging projects every day. Our teams are encouraged to vocalise ideas and make our work our own to create a real impact. This keeps us energized and ensures we feel supported in our work.
We live up to our standard as market leaders. We are bold enough to continuously challenge the status quo because we want to be better every day. We are devoted to our customers and hold their best interests at heart. Our team enjoys creating and adapting to keep driving our company and our team forward.
What you will do:
The Head of Open Data will design, develop, deliver and own our open data Strategy. This is a very senior role and will see you engaging with Executives and Senior Managers across the business.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate self-starter who wants to roll up their sleeves and transform Equifax's Open Data strategy as this is a unique opportunity to build and shape a new function which will be fundamental to the future. You will be part of a high performing and supportive team that welcomes your SME and encourages honest and open communication.
You will report directly to the GM and work closely with departments across the EFX to educate them on open data management and the value of open data in driving commercial outcomes.
The purpose of this role is?
The role is to lead the definition of Equifax open data and transaction data strategy in AU/NZ. You will identify core capabilities that we need to operate our business with open data, create the roadmap and will work cross functionality to bring to market a series of products and services.
- Lead the development and delivery of the open data strategy
- Design, develop and implement a governance framework for open data and information that complies with regulatory standards and supports the business in delivering its strategic objectives
- Lead the effective and efficient ongoing management of open data
- Be Equifax’s open data subject matter expert and be our liaison between internal/external stakeholders and the technical teams to deliver integrated and optimised open data solutions
What are we looking for?
- 10-15+ years Product Management experience
- In depth knowledge of operational databases, data transformation processes
- Understanding of technical concepts and ability to articulate
- Ability to translate data requirements into simple and reliable business solutions
- Excellent understanding of data and product management functions
- Advanced analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong stakeholder management and executive level presentation skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Extra points for any of the following:
- Open data knowledge and experience within banking & financial services (desirable)
- Interest and awareness of latest developments and trends in the technology landscape, including fintech and data tech.
Success attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
At Equifax, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate'
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting. At this stage of the application process, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with our confidence. Please know, we list these items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us.
Your ability to demonstrate that you possess/have the real potential to develop the required capabilities, knowledge, experience, and qualifications to perform in our roles is what we would like to hear from you. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done and how you did it.
However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day!
Job Number: J00128012-1
Community / Marketing Title: Head of Product Innovation - Open Data
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU